#910481 05/21/16 06:18 AM
A
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
A
A group of monkeys have made our locality their home and people, including myself frown have been giving them food off and on. And how do they repay?

...... by uprooting my plants!! They pulled out my Basil, Climbing rose, a newly planted Tiger lily and many others plants cry

I wish I had a stick to beat these ..these... horrible.. ungrateful creatures. mad

Do you have similar trouble? With other pesky animals?

My daughter and husband have taken the side of the (poor!) monkeys (to my disgust). Both of them still want to continue feeding them eek

Last edited by Anu D - Orchids; 05/22/16 05:47 AM.

Anu Dharmani

Orchids Editor

Signup for Orchids Newsletter for the latest on the orchids.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Are you serious? I hope this was sarcasm or a joke!

A
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
A
Of course I am serious, Nancy. If monkeys are there on the tree behind our house you can't go out alone. We take our dog along. But I have learnt a trick wink If you make a cooing kind of sound and look straight at any monkey, it will peek at you from the corners of its eyes (but not straight at you) and after that no monkey will snap or attack you.

So there.... But unfortunately I can't teach my plants that.

Also, we have kept a pot filled with water for the birds on top of the back wall. Monkeys too come to drink it and I can't remove the water pot as it is frequented by a number of birds. So it is a bitter pill. But I keep checking for monkeys and have kept a stick with reach to frighten them away.

You can't really beat them, even if you want to. You have to catch them first mad

Anu Dharmani

Orchids Editor

N
N
So wild animals are supposed to do what? Just go where there are no humans? If that's the solution then they cannot do that because we are basically everywhere! They were here before us and hopefully when the last human is gone there will be some animals left along with some vegetation and water and air too which by the way is a miracle there are still some left with the horrifying way we live!

A
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
A
Wild animals are facing this problem in India, of shrinking habitats. And as a result they are venturing out of the forest with fatal consequences either for themselves or for humans they encounter. With water crisis going on in most states in India, almost everyday there is a news of leopards or elephants coming out of the forest and getting killed or attacking villagers.

It is very sad. We have a voice we make noises, but the animals have hardly anywhere to go. And they have NO VOTES. So no say in the deciding things but animals when pushed in a corner always retaliate. We, humans, don't like that.

I agree with you Nancy. There is hardly any areas left for the animals to go and we are practically everywhere, more so in India (being the 2nd most populated country after China and with much lesser space available!!). We do our little bit for them, like keeping that pot of water and feel very Godly after that (and then produce more babies!!). But to think seriously on the issue, I would say that sitting in my room with the air conditioner blasting, my words and deeds do not count much. I have no understanding of the animals or the people in conflict with them. Most of these people are extremely (I mean, extremely) poor and they too have no where to go just like the animals. And to do something of them you have to be very dedicated to the cause, which I am not. I love my comfort and frankly can only mouth my sympathy.

Like me, millions (if not billions) don't want to change their lifestyle unless it is forced on them. But we can least plant one tree each year (I try to do that most of the time) and conserve water.

And coming to monkeys, they go where humans go. Here, we have a love-hate relationship with them. these are the only animals which people in India feed regularly, not dogs or cows or any bird. You can find people hitting dogs, even cows (considered very HOLY) but never monkeys (though monkeys are also considered holy). Why? Because monkeys attack you back! and are of course, very agile. Monkeys will purposely target women and children to snatch food. So, they do not need any sympathy and can take care of themselves very well.

Anu Dharmani

Orchids Editor

N
N
At least you realise what is going on but it is sad that you still think this way about Monkeys.

I too do my best. We are just a few who do what we can so this of course has little to no effects since billions of people do nothing but still I do everything I can without stopping. If I am still alive when everything blows up in our faces (no more water & etc) at least I know that it won't be my fault and that I did my best to stop it.

If I have to witness in person someone torturing an animal and if one day it happens then I will lose it and that person if still alive will not be in good shape I can guarantee it!

The majority of people think that we are the only living species with intelligence, soul, empathy, conscience, compassion and feelings but yet we are the only living species who by choice are cruel, mean, stupid, ignorant and the list continues confused crazy! The first idiotic thing I heard was in the late eighties or the start of the nineties, it was a man who was blaming Elephants for deforestation, I almost fainted from the stupidity and sadly I did not realise worst thing were about to be said and thought!

A
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
A
It is not that I want monkeys to be killed, but their numbers need to be controlled and ours too. From far they are very engaging but near encounters can be dangerous, as it is with all wild animals.

It is nice to know that you are doing all that you can. For my part, I have very staunch supporters of all forms of life in my husband and daughter. I just go with the flow.

And in no way man is intelligent, had we been so the earth would have been in a better state. We can see all kinds of emotions in in animals and birds, it s just that we can not interpret it. As I wrote in my earlier post, monkeys can communicate very well. A small cooing sound has made me their friend (sort of). So intelligence can not be categorised and we are more dumb than them.

Anu Dharmani

Orchids Editor

N
N
For sure we are dumber than animals! We are also the only species who by choice are cruel and also enjoy it! Plus there are many ignorant people out there who know that they are ignorant and they also proud of it (i know a lot - in my province that is how it works with french speaking quebecers - they either think that by learning another language and respecting other cultures theirs will somehow disappear or they simply hate people who are not like them)!

If humans would stop killing predators than the animals who are preys would not end up in too high of a number. Nature left alone is balanced perfectly.

Everything that can be recycled I recycle even if it's a tiny thing. Last year my province finally started recycling food so now we have a compost bin which is awesome, they take tissues and other papers with food on it so I always take one to wipe off every ustensils and pans and pots and plates and bowls and glasses that I use. Dad says that it does nothing because many people do not do that but I always tell him that this reasoning is one of the many reasons why Earth is in so much trouble.

A
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
A
Many of us are quite cruel towards animals, either because of religious myths or just for fun. I think Nancy, people who are unsure of themselves and of others do not like to change. We have people like that all over, who resist change and outsider. You only grow when you are open to change. It is a matter of individual choice which sometimes gets influenced by the society you live in.

Recycling is my favourite pastime. I try to recycle everything, and every one in my family calls me a 'conjoos' which means miser. But I am okay with it. I recycle things by taking ideas from pinterest etc.

My daughter and her father too argue like you and your Dad smile

Anu Dharmani

Orchids Editor

N
N
It's like these people do not realise that when Earth dies we are dead too and that of course included them. They cannot see that everything is connected so when one thing or a living species disappears then it screws with the circle of life.

Then you have people who realise that this is serious but think we have more time.

And of course there are people who think this will all blow up when they will be dead so they do not care because it in their mind does not affect them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Anu D - Orchids 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.