Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Right now, I am about to enroll myself in one of the courses I have found on the web. I am quite new to this and having absolutely no clue if this would be a straight thing for me because I have tried the typical college environment and it did not work me at all. Care to share your experience when you first tried distance learning? (If Yes, just reply below and let me know your opinion and thoughts...) :tut:

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I just visited the office of the distance learning school, almost 2 hours away from home. It was a very exciting experience for me as I asked for the qualifications of beig a new student in their school. Although the ride from my house to the office was tiring, I had a fun time exploring the city. I'm now going home to talk to my family about enrolling myself in the course English.

For anyone interested in enrolling in Distance Education themselves feel free to share your experience here. Don't be shy because I am very open to new ideas and opinions...

---------------------
Styxx
LIFE IS GOOD

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Last night, I talked to my mom and we decided that I'm to take half of the usual 21 units this February. I'm looking forward to study again and I'm hoping that I last this time. It's still about $200 but I think it's worth it. Education is very important and I won't waste anymore time.

Fingers crossed ~(‾▿‾~)(~‾▿‾)~

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Hi Styxx. I've done lots of distance learning and have very much enjoyed it and benefited from it.

I did an Open University degree before the Internet and learning material came by mail and that's how you sent your work to your tutor. It's much better now online, I think. You can make contact more quickly if you get stuck and there aren't postal delays. (Though, of course, electronic technology can let you down too!)

It's good if you can make a workspace for yourself with your materials there. That always helped me be more focused, though I've been known to carry reading materials with me to all kinds of places.

I hope this works well for you. If you're doing something that *you* have chosen to do, that should keep you going. And good luck!

PS You can't work very well with your fingers crossed. smile

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hello, Mona!

I agree with you that studying online is better and I think the pros outweighs the cons. I'm quite ready to study again and sharing it with you and other people helps me know that this is really happening to me.

About making a workspace, do you have any ideas on what to have? Share? (^____^)

I think distance education might be the thing for me as I'm more comfortable studying alone than studying with a group of people. The time planning alone is not so bad after all since it would help me develop the responsible "me".

P.S. Funny! I'm imagining it right now, hahaha XD

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Styxx:

So glad you are pursuing distance learning education. I think you will find it to be a very convenient way to pursue a degree. My only recommendation to you is to make sure to schedule regular study times, same day, same time, etc. This is a great way to improve motivation, particularly if you are taking more than one course. Good luck!

Patricia

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hello, Patricia!

Thanks for the tip on the schedule. I think you're right about it. I need all the luck and prayer I can get! Thank you (◍•ᴗ•◍)

I'm so looking forward to learning!

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Styxx, I'd say your workspace should be a place without distractions. A table where you can write or type, your paper and writing materials (pencil, eraser, pen, whatever) handy. Any books or printed course material that you're using - if you have a shelf for it, that's extra handy. I also liked having a pinboard where I could put a calendar showing when things were due, and useful notes. (You don't even need pins for the notes, if you have post-its.)

It's good to give yourself the message that this is where you work.

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Mona, thanks for suggesting the shelf and pinboard. I'll definitely think of something for those things. Good thing I have a big square table that I am already using. You gave me an idea on where to have workspace and I really appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you very much! o(〃^▽^〃)o

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Mona!

Good news I did your idea of the pinboard and it's ready to use. I only needed to use 1 white cartolina, some plastic cover, gift wrapper (for the border), scissors and scotch tape. Since I found that a big cork board costs a lot, I improvised instead using these materials.

Thanks for the suggestion! ೭੧(❛▿❛✿)੭೨

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.