Next Thread
Print Thread
#429286 06/22/08 09:37 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I am going to make myself a bracelet to inspire me to be more serene. I have always wanted to "make a charm" out of polymer clay to hang on a bracelet. I was thinking of having the charm say "Only You" - as in I am the only one who can change my thoughts, who can ensure I am happy. It's also the first words in a cool, happy song in my Dance Dance games smile It also reminds me of "only you can prevent forest fires" which I always thought was very odd smile

What would your charm say?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
My theme word is always the same...

"CREATE"

I love it because it inspires me to write stories, write poetry, paint, draw, photograph, play my piano, cook new dishes in the kitchen,just do anything in life outside of getting dressed in the morning. It defines who I am!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Create is an awesome word smile You're right, it applies to everything!

I did make up three bracelets with "Only You" - you can see photos of them in this other thread!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Low Carb Forum
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
I checked out your bracelets. Very creative. It's special when you design you're own pieces and wear them. You might have started a new trend to which people might want you to start making polymer clay and bead bracelets for them. I would order one.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I try my best but I'm not sure that my bracelets are really "good enough quality" for sales - the circles aren't quite circular and the loops to hold the clasp aren't quite perfect.

I was thinking more that people could easily buy some wire, beads and clay at Michael's and make their own very inexpensively. But it does occur to me that I also have clay rollers, multiple wire pliers, and lots of beads here because of my origami projects. So maybe it really would cost someone a lot of money to buy all those things to just make one bracelet.

If you had a create bracelet, what beads would you want in it? Would this be to aim for not-complaining, or just for stylish wear? smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I think your bracelets are lovely. You may as well offer a few on your website or esty and see how they sell. The idea of customizing the charm will appeal to people, whether for style wear or the non-complaining. smile

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
I like whatever gem or artistic piece I make to stand out in my jewelry so the beads would have to stay in the background. So if I were making a bracelet, I would probably use all smaller black beads with large bluish black, deep purple beads, crystal, or long bone beads every so often (like you did with putting in your larger beads). Then I would probably use burgundy lettering on the clay circle for the "Create" charm. That's the vision I get.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 06/29/08 09:21 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Lisa, I LOVE your bracelet. I will have to think about which word I'd pick. There are SO MANY grin

I LOVE to make bracelets. I love to use gemstones because I like the energy of the stones. I also like to use wood... it's earthy and grounding.

I wear one of the purple complaint free bracelets all the time. I also have a silver bracelet with the phrase "not all who wander are lost" on it. I also have one that has a Mr. Rogers quote "You can never go down the drain." I wear them both frequently because they remind me that I'm on an amazing journey, and that I'm safe and loved.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

N
N
If I had one it would have the words dream, hope, wish and freedom.

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.