#900869 10/05/15 07:36 AM
C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Sometimes it helps to have a structure to life, especially when you are experiencing mental health challenges. Having a sense of purpose and something to achieve can really help you maintain a happier and more positive outlook.

In my latest article I offer you some tips to help get some structure in your life that can potentially help you be happier. 5 Steps To A Happier Life

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
I mentioned meditation in the article. If you take a few minutes out of your day to practice a simple technique it can really help to calm the mind.

Here is a technique to realise the first stage of mindfulness. I love this technique as the act of practicing it calms and relaxes the mind.

* Start by sitting comfortably with eyes closed.

* Narrow the focus of attention to the breath right down to where you notice it entering and leaving the body via the nostrils.

* Without effort or control over the breath start to count after each out breath.

* As you breathe out count one.

* At the end of the second breath, count two. Continue in this way until you reach ten.

* Once you reach ten – go back to the beginning and start again from one.
If your mind wanders and you find you have counted past ten, just bring your attention back to your breath, and start counting again from one.

Practice this for as long as you wish, I would suggest 10 to 15 minutes, or start slower then build t up when you are feeling more confident.

Counting on the out breath in this way has a calming effect on the mind, making it an excellent tool during daily activities.

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Great article Tracy smile

I used to be one of the followers of the philosophy "I'll be happy when....."

Ugh! That never seemed to work LOL!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Thanks Deanna, Glad you enjoyed it smile Yes its funny how the mind works and how unconscious we can be and miss the present moment. Its the journey not the destination comes to mind...

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Can you hear that?
It's me, Chel!
I'm standing up and clapping really really loud.
That was an excellent article and I took notes (will there be a a quiz) smile.
Honestly, that was informational, uplifting and eye-opening. Your articles are wonderful to read, Tracy!

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Wow Michelle, thank you so much for your comments smile it was a joy to read. Very humbled. So glad you are enjoying my articles. PS No quiz smile lol

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I recently got a bracelet that has a little charm that says "It's the journey, not the destination." I LOVE it, because it reminds me - each moment matters.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Thats great Deanna, I love the sound of your bracelet! We act as if the journey is an obstacle to being where we want to be so we spend all our time trying to avoid it - and its all that there is

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
HA HA Tracy, I love the sound of my bracelet too smile

And I know, right??? I know that so often I treat 'the journey' as something to 'get through' when I really miss a lot if I do that.

Every moment is dear, and precious, and we can do a LOT with it once we decide we have the power, and it's up to us.....

Happiness is an inside job - Thank GOODNESS!! wink

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Yes to that Deanna smile I wake everyday with gratitude for the day ahead and what it brings. Noticing all the good things that come and welcoming the challenges as openly as I am able.

Lets enjoy the journey smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.