Anytime you would like to learn a particular pose just post it here on the forum and I will use it for a pose of the week. You don't have to put your name on it, or just tell me to leave your name off.
This pose has several different names (as do many yoga poses, I call it Dragonfly. I stretches your lower back, hips, hamstrings; it is believed to encourage wisdom and kindness; and calm fear and anger. Wow! Who wouldn't want to try this pose.
1. Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you.
2. Spread your legs as wide as comfortable. Be careful, don't push to hard the hamstring and inner thigh muscles are vulnerable in this position.
3. Sit up tall and straight, roll your shoulders up and then down your back.
4. Inhale and as you exhale lean forward as far as you can placing your hands out in front of you between your legs.
5. Keeping your back straight until you reach your edge and then go ahead and round your back.
6. Some people will be able to fold all the way down, reaching forward. Don't compare yourself, I can't do it. I just fold as far as I can go and place my hands out in front of me.
7. Modifications for the pose would be to bend your knees slightly; put a cushion under your butt; put a pillow under each knee. There is always an adjustment that can be made.