It's time to learn a new exercise for the week. This exercise is called Leg-Lowering Drill and is a great move for the abs.
1. Lie flat on the floor with your arms in a T position.
2. Raise your legs up until they are perpendicular with the floor.
3. Bend your knees slightly and keep that bend throughout the exercise.
4. You want to keep the natural arch in your lower back.
5. Engage your core and lower both legs slowly, taking 5 seconds to lower jut barely above the floor.
6. Once your feet are down bring them back up to starting position and repeat. Begin with 10 repetitions and work up to 20 reps.
Here is a variation of the exercise:
1. Start in the same position and bring both your legs up.
2. Now bend the left knee and with your hands behind your knee, draw it in close to your body.
3. Your right leg is still up and you want to lower it like you did in the previous version.
4. Continue to lift and lower the leg while holding the other knee into your chest.
5. Once you do all your reps on one leg switch legs and repeat on other side.