Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Decorated and with exotic fillings, Germany's Carnival Donuts are not just a Donut without a hole in the center.

HELAU UND ALAAF: Die naerrische Zeit geht in die heisse Phase!

"The Fifth and Foolish Season" is about to take over the streets once again, so it's time to make some 'Faschingskrapfen', Carnival Donuts

Carnival Donut Recipe

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 02/26/14 10:48 AM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hey Francine,

I loved this article and the ideas and the pictures - BUT no can do, unless you have a diet version!

I assume for non-home bakers that these cakes are available from the shops that one usually has to 'eyes right' for?

Well, if I were to come to Germany in time for carnival, I am not sure how much eyesrighting I would be able to do for dietary reasons, but know that I would be able to eyesright quite easily when it comes to working out the Rand-Euro exchange rate!

Reads delicious, thanks but no mustard please!

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Did laugh at your comment Lestie.........and must admit am no fan of 'sweet' desserts or anything else usually but Karneval Donuts, now that is a must have. Spent one carnival in a Baden-Wuerttemberg village and there the master baker had a selection of 26 different varieties, and I worked my way through one of each. Chocolate and Rum was by far the best. smile .....so I had at least three. Actually I had three of quite a few just to make sure I had made the right choice.

Thank goodness Lent followed.

Have never had a mustard one so far, although do know those that have - and they even seemed to enjoy the experience shocked

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Moderated by  Francine - German Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.