Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 145 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 144 145
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hi everyone,

What do you do to deal with your stress? Runaway? Eat or drink? Hit out or kick the cat? Sleep? Cry and hope 'it' will go away?

Please say, I would be very interested and say thanks very much for your input,

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Lestie,

What helps me the most is music, I put my favorite music on and it usually calm me (the score of Batman Begins and anything from Rammstein works the best but theres more too). Walking too helps a lot (when i end up somewhere where the only sounds are from nature i can even clear my mind completely like when some people do while meditating...thats a rarity for me these past years...even when watching Hockey i have at least 1 moment where my mind goes somewhere else). Also repeating the name of Shumi over and over (Michael Schumacher...when i do that i repeat his full name) helps me very much not only when stressed but when angry too.

I live with the reason of my stress and depression so it is hard to get away from it all; when they do not stress me I am still face to face with them.

N
N
Another low stress day for me.

None of the stress came from my parents. The stress came when I was thinking about my situation and what to do about it, thankfully I did not think about it a lot so that added to my parents not bothering me at all helped for a low stress day.

My arthritis attack in my left thumb is almost gone now (the first 3 days and 2 days it was numbness mostly and today when i got up it was mostly pain [the pain was much better than the numbness] and tonight its almost all gone) but I still have low energy.

N
N
Another low stress day for me.

My dad got to me twice today (the first was when i was sleeping and woke up to him whistling and singing like a mad man). I also stressed myself by thinking about my situation. My mom did nothing to stress me.

My arthritis attack is almost 100% gone, I only had a few seconds of pain twice and that's about it (i can still sense that its not completely gone but besides the 2 times no pain and all the numbness is 100% gone still). I also have some energy back (not much but its better than nothing).

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hi Nancy and all,

Nancy, have you thought about what your own role is in your family dynamics and stress behaviour and depression? Instead of being only reactive - what can you do to be proactive?

Someone very wise asked me these questions several years ago and I learnt a great deal about myself when I took over being a lot more responsible for myself and my own actions, reactions attitude and approach to life in general.

I still have to keep myself on a short rein as they say (reign as some of my friends laugh!)BUT I constantly remind myself to ask myself those questions ... and to continue to work on finding answers for them.

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
N
N
Lestie,

I blame myself for being in this situation.

Yes what they did to me when I was a child is not my fault but after this it is.

My brother did not let them manipulate him. He had a social life, he finished school, he was able to find jobs, he had a girlfriend and when he became sick he still did what he wanted until he entered the hospital for the last time.

When my dad came back home saying he had left his job (me and mom were working for him too...thats a long story...cant remember if i talked about that here or not) I had close to 20,000$ but I decided to move here then stupidly until the last 1,000$ thought they could give me back my money everytime they were asking for some as a loan and then I just entered a lazy pattern.

Now I have no job, no savings, a small check every month and I have let them kill my brain.

When I realised that my sould was also dying I finally decided to do something. It is hard because the hole I dig for myself is very deep but I am trying. I am bringing my body back with vitamins and calciums (its actually working..every day i have more energy...i was on the ground...i barely could move i was so low on energy) and with some energy I will be able to do something.

I still thinking giving my parents an ultimatum is the best for now. I am thinking about my situation every day while I am getting my energy back.

N
N
Another low stress day.

Again I woke up once to my dad whistling and singing like a maniac. My mom too got to me, she was going off on some people criticising them for behaviors that she herself has had since I can remember (not once i saw her realise for not even 1 second the irony of what she is doing or realising that she is like that) one of these days I will call her on it when she will talk like that, I feel like exploding often when she does that.

My arthritis attack is completely gone. I also have more energy today.

N
N
Today I was more angry than stressed.

I woke up to the sounds of my dad giving away a lot of our remaining fire wood (second time doing that) so I was furious before getting up. He spent some of the afternoon bringing wood in the basement, if that's all we got left (i have to go out tomorrow so ill look where we store our wood outside to see if we have more..from their behavior i think what we got inside is whats left) then before the month is over we will be freezing.

My mom went hiding before I got downstairs and none of them were able to look me in the face all day (i at least started saying whats on my mind and they know that giving away our fire wood [TO SOMEONE WHO HAS A WOOD LOT BY THE WAY] is something i do not approve [OH AND THAT SAME PERSON WAS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN WHEN WE WERE THE ONES A FEW WINTER AGO NEEDING FIRE WOOD] because i dont like to be freezing in my own home and i dont like to help people who do not help me).

They also closed the two living rooms doors and opened the heating electric system so I don't get to freeze today (yesterday was 1 of the coldest day this season and today was worst) so that means that when that bill comes less food for at least a few days.

I often ask myself how we always had a roof over our heads and how we did not die of hunger or cold during Winter with the way they administrate themselves (my mom CAN balance a budget by she wants to be my dads slave so she does like he does), it will always be a mystery I guess!

N
N
Low stress day for me. I am still angry at my parents for giving a lot of our remaining fire wood and I still feel like giving it to them but again it won't bring heat when we will be cold soon.

N
N
A little more stress today.

My dad got to me a lot this morning and a little bit in the car. My mom too got to me a few times during the day. I also almost gave myself an headache thinking about my situation.

Page 39 of 145 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 144 145

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.