This week's exercise is called the "Neck Roll" and is part of the basic Pilates mat routine. Special warning, always move the neck slowly to avoid strain.
1. Lye flat on your stomach placing your forehead on the mat. It's okay to use a small pillow.
2. Place your hands under your shoulders.
3. Stretch your legs out long and keep the legs and feet together.
4. Engage your core by drawing your belly button towards your spine and holding consistently throughout the exercise. Do not hold your breath.
5. Take a breath in and lift your head and chest. Let your breath out as you reach maximum lift.
6. Gently turn your head and look towards your left shoulder. Keep your breath natural and the core engaged.
7. Relax your shoulders and keep them down. Gently turn your head back to center.
8. Turn your head and look toward your right shoulder.
9. Return to center and lower your head down to starting position.
10. Repeat this movement 3 times.