Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 194 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 193 194
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Bob made me the most delicious cabbage soup - just having some now. What are you enjoying tonight?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My sleep schedule is all strange. I'm just having lunch now - more cabbage soup which is SO yummy. What have you guys been up to?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Bob's made us a vat of cabbage soup which is really tasty. We'll be set for a week smile. What are you eating today?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
James was over for the weekend, so pizza, Chinese, hot-dogs-in-crescent-rolls, muffin tops - and I am sluggy smile.

How are you doing?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I was doing well today until I ended up at a fantastic Indian restaurant. Saag ... basmati rice ... pakoras ... tamarind ... my kryptonite!

How are you doing today?

Low Carb Forum
N
N
I stopped writing down everything I am eating and drinking every day when I left Bella Online in September, I decided to come back late yesterday and I could not remember everything I had eaten and drank that day.

I am taking a break from vitamins and calciums since the day I left (or the next day...cant remember exactly). I will start again soon but not before next month.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Glad to see you back, Nancy. How funny you mentioned you decided to come back late yesterday. I myself had been away due to family/personal health issues and I popped into a forum and read one of your old posts that mentioned you were leaving.

I thought, "Oh, no!" And then, I thought about you for a while, wondering how you were and feeling bad that you had left. Maybe you picked up my thought vibrations!

It always happens that when people pop into my mind or if I intentionally think of them...they reappear. smile

My husband said to start thinking about Ed McMahon! You know, the guy who used to give out those Publisher's Clearinghouse million dollar prizes? LOL. But he died in 2009. May he be in joy and peace which is truest prize of all.

Welcome back, Nancy.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
N
N
Hi Lori,

I am glad to see that you are still here too! The thing I missed more from here besides the positive vibes was the dreams part of the forums. The night before I came back I had such a stupid dream but I had forgotten it by the time I was back here, it's a shame because I would of loved to know if there was at least something there that meant something, I only had one dream that was more stupid than that dream. Anyway thanks for the welcome back and for thinking of me!

N
N
Yesterday I had grape juice and Pepsi with four toasts (fresh bread...just butter and i did not eat the crusts), one beef top sirloin grilling steak with small white button mushrooms (fried them in vegetable oil and butter before the steak...then added more butter before adding the steak after taking the mushrooms out of the pan), some of a milk chocolate solid form santa (Freddo), white rice with tomato paste, white uncooked potatoes fried in vegetable oil and pretzel twists (No Name).

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Lisa, I finally see the wisdom of routine/regular meals (not only in frequency but in meal content) which is something you've been expounding for a while. I insisted that i could not tolerate the monotony.

However, I now see the deficits of having to continually make decisions over minor details in my life. I spent far too much time deciding if and when I would eat and what would be on my menu for that meal. When I was in the hospital, my body underwent such a severe trauma and cleansing that when I emerged, it craved only water-rich foods. My meals were the same foods for about a week and then I began to add only a few other healthful choices.

I was surprised to see how I looked forward to eating the same foods: fresh grapes, strawberries, cucumbers. Then, miso soup with tofu and wakame (seaweed). Almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds. Green tea. Finally, I added a slice of whole grain toast with cream cheese and cottage cheese on occasion.

I caught a cold from the baby I am watching and my husband insisted I eat more, even meat, because he thought I was being undernourished. Now that I'm over the cold, I am wanting to return to those post-hospital favorites. I just felt better, and I spent less time on decision-making and have more time for other pursuits.

Today:
1 whole grain toast w/ cream cheese
14 red grapes
coffee (he told me that coffee is healthy now)

homemade vegetable soup (tons of vegetables, including cabbage, green pepper, celery, carrots, garlic, tomatoes, onion, peas, kidney beans)
red grapes
vitamin & mineral supplements
fish sticks

I didn't want to eat the fish sticks but they were in the freezer and I wanted to clear out the unhealthy stuff. It wasn't until I ate about six until I realized the dogs would enjoy them as treats so we doled some out to them.

The family will have pot roast, mashed potatoes, peas, biscuits but I will have:

miso soup with wakame (seaweed) and tofu cubes
cucumber slices with homemade miso-lemon dressing
1/2 fresh mango

On my whole foods menu, I was losing weight. Got bloated when I ate meat and processed carbs. However, I was NOT happy to learn that only two cups of mixed nuts contains 1600 calories! sigh. Can't overdo even the healthy stuff.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Page 30 of 194 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 193 194

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.