Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

On the last Sunday of Advent it's time to light the fourth candle on the Adventskranz. Known as the Angels Candle it represents Peace - 'Friede'.

"Christmas is the festival of peace. Every year it comes in its own good time. But peace inside and among us can come only through persistent effort. This holiday reminds us that all people yearn for peace. Every year it admonishes us to be vigilant against the enemies of peace that lurk inside all of us, lest they cause harm not only at Christmastime but throughout the year."

Albert Einstein - His Christmas message for an international radio broadcast on November 28, 1948.

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 12/22/13 08:01 AM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I love Einstein's message ...
smile

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

His message speaks straight to the heart as well as to the head doesn't it Susan. We all of us want peace, both in our own lives and in the world as such, it is the ideal and an ideal to work towards.

And thank you for all you do towards that goal with your Daily World Peace Group Meditation. Am one of many who never fail to take part.........folks are quite used to me zoning off at 8 pm these days, no matter where I happen to be smile

Prettige Kerstdagen to you and yours Susan, Froehliche Weihnachten und ein glueckliches Neues Jahr

Francine

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hello Francine, I haven't spoken to you for so long and am sorry about that. You are so right when it comes to seeking peace both in our own lives and in the world around us. The only thing is that finding that peace is difficult to define as such, very often the opportunities are right under our noses and we do not seize them and for many reasons. ndeed, we may not see or notice them, but then if we do, they may take too much effort, or we are too busy or actually don't care or just plainly don't see why. It is an ideal we all pursue but often only pay lip service to it. Part of my 2014 approach to my life is to identify a weekly project to improve things around and within me. That in itself is difficult, but I am trying and this boat is slowly, ever so slowly but definitely turning. Cheers Lestie Container Gardening Editor.

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Hi Lestie.........Glad you are back smile

Could not agree more:
Quote:
When it comes to seeking peace both in our own lives and in the world around us. The only thing is that finding that peace is difficult to define as such, very often the opportunities are right under our noses and we do not seize them and for many reasons. Indeed, we may not see or notice them, but then if we do, they may take too much effort, or we are too busy or actually don't care or just plainly don't see why. It is an ideal we all pursue but often only pay lip service to it.

Living in the moment and taking advantage/making the most of whatever the circumstances are is the only way to be, but for whatever reason, (conditioning?), beyond childhood it does not always come naturally so sometimes is something we must make an effort to 'relearn'.

And of course there are also times when we are kicked into awareness by a situation, which either affects us one way or another or is happening in the wider world.

But it is really worth the effort isn't it!

Moderated by  Francine - German Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.