logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
OP Offline
W
There are not many Ladies using this Forum? I would give anything to have a Forum on my website. a place for all to come and read what some have left behind.. I am staying so if you all are Lurking come out where you are.. Linda

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Linda! I haven't been working on any Embroidery lately but I picked up some cross stitching projects that I need to get done. I thought I would check it out here and see what everyone else was up to. I have one project that I am hoping to get done by the end of the year that will take up the majority of my time.

I know its been awhile since your post but I hope you are still out there!

Carla Cano
Walking Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I am a bit backward I guess in that I don't like using any machines. I know women that swear by their knitting machines and sewing machines but I prefer doing everything by hand.
With protest I do pull my sewing machine out every once in a while but the machines intimidate me, I guess. It takes a lot of time, sometimes it seems to take forever, but I am always pleased with my self when I complete a project by hand.

Of course I have a lot less completed projects frown

Carla Cano
Walking Editor
W
OP Offline
W
I hear you, I like the old ways! and I was doing a lot by hand But my neck is so bad, and my hands have CTS.. and need surgery. so I love my machines now. I have 2 Berninas, and one Brother ULT, and 1 Even have a Commercial 15 needle 500lb machine here in my sewing room, I do still have my old (cam Singer) in the walking closet. I love computers, and so this machine stuff is right up my alley. I create the designs and right the software that tells the machine to stitch out the cute designs. So I love to Create embroidery designs. I have a lot of the vintage Iron on Artwork from the 30's and the 40's, the ladies sat around and did by hand. I digitize and create machine designs with that artwork now! so they can stitch out the designs on the machines. So I still love looking at all the older artwork from back in the days.. as long as you are having fun, and are relaxed and enjoying what you are doing, I say go for it! That is what it is all about...

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
That is absolutely what it is all about. It is so relaxing and helps me deal with everyday stress. I can't think of a better way to spend my extra time.

Carla Cano
Walking Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I agree with you Carla - I don't like using a machine to do embroidery at all - though I use it to actually sew! I also use embroidery to relax and find that there is osmethign soothing about the actual act of stitching.

I inherited my grandmother's embroidery stash when she died, and there were half finished embroideries from the 30's to the 80's (she died in the early 90's) and ranged from simple doileys to a beautiful cutwork tablecloth that I haven't had the guts to get out and work on (my cutwork is good, but nowhere near the standard of hers!). It's actually an interesting piece - she took one of the supper cloths you could buy to embroider and instead of doing the embroidery suggested on it, she decided to do it in cutwork 0 the result of what she has done is absolutely stunning and totally unique!

I find embroidery gives such an artistic outlet - and one that you don't need to be able to draw to do. All you need is to be able to stitch and hae a reasonable eye for colour.

Megan McConnell
M
M
I too love to do needle work by hand and have done so all my life. I was started on those stamped embroiderys when I was 5 and now I'm 54. Am having alittle trouble with my fingers so I can't work on projects for long peroids of time but still love it. I also have several sewing machines and an old tredle machine and love them too. Like to keep my self versatile that way.Hey my clock is ticking and there are sooooo many things I want to make yet!! I work on 4 projects at a time and that keeps me from getting bored...

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I have a problem with boredom and projects. I don't know if it is always boredom but I have so many uncompleted, half started projects laying around the house....way more than 4! One of my goals this year is to have only one project per medium...one sewing project, one paper project, one yarn project, one cross stitch project and so on...so far, not working out lol.

Carla Cano
Walking Editor
M
M
Hi Carla. That is exactly the approach I have taken and in this way things do manage to get completed and I don't have to obcess over it. lol. I still sneak in the occasional speciality gift for a family member and sometimes I'm in a bit of a hurry.some things never change. eh??

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I know right? There are so many beautiful things to make...and so not enough time. I love the relaxation it brings...until the deadline is looming and someone's birthday is in a week and I still have 3 weeks worth of work on the project to get done.

I am horrible at figuring out how long a project will take me...everything is always crazy! laugh

Carla Cano
Walking Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Megan M 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.