Print Thread
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
We've all seen or heard of Bridget Jones Diary where the less than perfect heroine gets the handsome guy, who tells her he loves her "just as you are..." but have you heard of these films?

Paperback Romance (1994) Lucky Break (original title)

Sophie, a writer of racy romance novels, is working on one of her stories in the library, when Eddie overhears her. Sophie, embarrassed by her paralyzed leg from childhood polio, spurns his advances, but when Sophie breaks her leg, she has the perfect way of hiding her disability from Eddie. As Sophie struggles to win over Eddie and hide her disability, Eddie's jealous fiance and a police officer investigating a jewel heist threaten their relationship. Written by Mike Myers <mmyers@ucsd.edu>--IMBD

Babycakes (1989)

Shy, overweight girl vows to win over a hunky subway conductor.--IMBD

Penelope (2006)

A modern romantic tale about a young aristocratic heiress born under a curse that can only be broken when she finds true love with "one who will love her faithfully." -IMBD

While Scent of a Woman is a Korean Drama (a TV series), the story is so heart warming I have to give it honorable mention.

Scent of a Woman (Hangul: 여인의 향기; Hanja: 女人의 香氣) is a 2011 South Korean television drama series starring Kim Sun-ah, Lee Dong-wook, Uhm Ki-joon and Seo Hyo-rim.

As a single, unmarried woman in her mid-thirties, Lee Yeon-jae (Kim Sun-ah) is meek and timid, considered a spinster by society. After spending ten years working for the same travel company owned by Kang Chul-man, she is falsely accused of stealing from a client. In addition to enduring the accusations of her superiors, she is diagnosed with gallbladder cancer with approximately six months left to live. Mustering up her courage, Yeon-jae resigns and embraces her remaining six months of life.

Embarking on her first vacation alone, she splurges on clothes and flies first-class to Okinawa Island, Japan, where she runs into the man of her dreams, Kang Ji-wook (Lee Dong-wook), who happens to be the son of her former boss. Ji-wook is a rich young man, cynical and lifeless, until he falls in love with Yeon-jae. Together they live out a series of misadventures, both comical and bittersweet, as Yeon-jae completes each dream in her Bucket List.[2]--wikipedia

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
You know...I stopped almost right at the point of "Brigette Jones Diaries."

I love that movie and the thing is, trying to be anything perfect...well it's simply just exhausting smile

We are what we are and it's like the rainbows we see fighting over which color has the brightest essence or fun, lol. So I don't even bother anymore. Infact I'm pretty certain I embarrass myself moreso than not.

It reminds me of:

Eh...just click it smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Found another one...

Great post smile

Reflection

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Awww...so cute...re: bare necessities.

You just reminded me that I haven't put any animated films on my lists!

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

E
E
That was a nice post and I am going to watch some of these movies for sure. :) Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.