logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Shark
Shark
Hi Michele, it seems we are slowly growing in here.

I think i'm striving to be a level 6 - I goof up sometimes, though.

Burt, I was hospitalized once, but it was by my own choice. I had been having thoughts of suicide and decided I needed help before things got too far.

"And the greatest of these is Love"
Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yeah, that's good Chelle, Thank God you had the guts to make the call...

I mean, I wasn't too crazy about being in the hospital, but hey... it the long run, it did help !!

M
M
Hi Chelle, Kudos for getting help. And more so for admitting it. I used to have no shame and would openly discuss my issues with folks, mainly to increase awareness, because so many people see me as this "pillar of stability" which is not true at all. Well, I always thought I was doing something good and right, of course I was wrong because I would get it thrown up in my face or was judged harshly (mainly for having to take meds) So for years I kept quiet about it. But now being in my 40's, I could care less what people think. These are the same people that have no clue about depression. I don't mind sharing my story or history at all. If it helps just one person it is worth it!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Boy Howdy !

You gals gotta listen to this lady:

http:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ki9dgG3P5M

S
OP Offline
S
Hello All, I just watched the videos from the new posts. And, although I don't think I am bi-polar, I am inspired by the courage you all have demonstrated by coming out with your stories. You are beautiful human beings whom we all can learn from.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yeah, I'm bi-polar and I am always digging into that aspect of it.

Do you have a DSM Diagnosis?

Then I can help you research in that area.

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Burt, I don't know what a "DSM" is. I have never even been to a mental health practitioner. I have been diagnosed by a regular MD as being depressed and was given anti-depressants. And that led to Serotonin Syndrome and was told not to take anti-depressants. So that is why I deal with my difficulties on my own. I have done a lot of research and, by trial and error come up with something that works for me. I find the world of natural medicine to be very interesting and more forgiving to trial and error than prescription medications. There are some people who cannot take them. I am always open to learning new things.

M
M
Star, Burt was referring to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, basically the Bible" of psychologist. Its a break down of symptoms and personality traits that helps them give an accurate Dx

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Well starPeridot, you are very fortunate not to have to go on prescription meds.

There are a lot of wicked side affects, like having your tongue stick out involuntarily from the base of the tongue.

I've had a lot of good luck with this stuff, although it can get pricey.

http:
//www.truehope.com/new/

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
starPeridot......I am 46 and have battled depression for most of my life. At different times I have gone the counseling route, but a good deal of the time I have just tried to help myself. It takes a lot of work sometimes in the way of self help......surrounding myself with supportive people, reading and saying positive affirmations to myself, praying, taking care of myself body and soul, and accepting who I am, flaws and all. I analyze why I am feeling the way I do and I somehow pull myself up.

Sometimes the depression does get to me and I sink into a dark hole for a while. But at least I recognize it and know what is going on. I was offered medication once or twice in my life but I refused. I feel like I have conquered it time and again mostly on my own. At the present time I am not doing too badly with it, but I know I am predisposed to this condition. If it ever gets too bad to where I can't function then I will have to turn to medication. But for now I fight it the best I can so I can avoid having to take more medications than I really need. Life is a tough business, but I do the best I can taking one day at a time.

I wish you well.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.