Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 55 1 2 3 4 5 54 55
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
That is so cool that your space story is complete! What do you plan to do with it from here?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Val -

August is dedicated to writing my murder mystery in a chapter-a-day format.

Once August is done, I have a medieval novel which has gone through all its polishing rounds and in the hands of a final editor. So I expect her to be done with the novel by September 1st and I'll spend September implementing her changes and putting that novel live.

Once that is done, maybe mid-September to October, I can start polishing runs on the space story and the murder mystery. It can easily take me many months to polish a story, as I read and re-read and re-read them. So time will tell when they're ready to then hand over to my review team.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK, August Project, Day 1.

I had mapped out my plan for the book ahead of time, since I need to be in certain places on certain days for this. I want to actually go where I write about on a given day. I realized in my mapping out process that certain places were only open on certain days, so that impacted my storyline.

Today I had to go to an abandoned drive-in, and also watch Gentleman's Agreement. Then I wrote up the first day.

The book is currently 25 pages and 4,000 words. Some of those pages are of course the title page and dedication page and so on. So in terms of Chapter 1 there are six full pages of content for that.

Tomorrow will be day 2!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Day 2 of Birch Blackguards is now complete. I'm at 31 pages / 6k words. I got to kayak today and work it into the story, always a bonus.

I'm pleased, so far, with how the story is unfolding. I went back and worked through Chapter 1 some as well, polishing it up.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Good for you, Lisa, doing your projects in linear sequence. I have tried writing simultaneous projects, but I have found that the best use of my time is to do as you are doing.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Val -

To be fair, I normally have multiple projects going at once. I love having that flexibility, because it means if I'm in a down mood, or upbeat mood, or so on, that there's a story being worked on that I can write. I like having those options.

This is a special case because I need to finish it within the one month. So I want to remove distractions from getting that done.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
On page 55 / 13k words of Birch Blackguards in my August nanowrimo project. So far staying on schedule, one chapter a day. It is definitely helping to have my "locations" mapped out, so I can plan when I will be where, and watch the weather, since many involve kayaking. So far the weather has cooperated.

I had to slide a few things around based on when restaurants are open and closed, so it was good that I could prepare for that.

There's also some interesting news-worthy things going on in town that I am incorporating into the storyline, so that's fun as well.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Finished Chapter 6, my August nanowrimo project is now up to 61 pages / 15k words. The story is chugging along well smile.

I'm also learning all sorts of bizarre things about my town as I do this research. The seedy underbelly, as it were. So I'm deciding what to include and not include. Apparently some people are extremely litigious. So I want to avoid that.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Just finished up Chapter 9 in my August nanowrimo project, currently at 77 pages, 19,000 words. The murder mystery is heating up!

So I'm nearly a third done.

How are you guys doing with your projects?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
That's so cool!

Mysteries I listen to often, starting way back when like under the sheets with a short-wave (?) radio? I don't think that's the right word, but anyway, w/the kindle,same thing.

Writing? Today I finished an article I've actually been finding myself afraid of writing. Not in content, but just harder to write.

So I'm happy this morning I actually did it a day earlier than I programmed it to post.

Tomorrow, I work on the newsletter wink

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 08/10/13 12:00 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 3 of 55 1 2 3 4 5 54 55

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.