Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Last night it rained. Today it's cloudy and raining on and off.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
Today it is sunny.

N
N
Today it is sunny and windy.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
For those of you that did not see or perhaps do not remember, the following is Lestie's original post on this thread: Hello everyone... Gee what a miz day it is here in Johannesburg! We are really having some extra rain presently as we sneak past Autumn into an eary winter. Today having had one our famous highveldt thunder storms last night we are overcast, grey, drippy rain and cold (for us here in sunny South Africa) and I am not in my beloved garden. Ah well, my alternative is great as here I am on line with Bellaonline! What is the weather doing down your way? Is it affecting your gardening? Are the flowers sighing or crying? Are the patterns the same and usual for this time of year or can you report different. Thanks Lestie

N
N
Until Lestie asks us to stop only talking about the weather I will continue coming here everyday and talk about the weather where I live. If the person who made this post do not complain to us then there is no problem.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Lestie unfortunately has not posted anything since 3/2/2013 and perhaps there is some issue/problem that has prevented her from doing so and from moderating her forum/thread. In respect for the intent of her thread, it would be appreciated if those posting would honor that intent.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Today the sun is more intense that it has been and I grew concerned about my containers drying out. Thanks to Lestie's suggestion about lining my containers with cardboard and newspaper to prevent moisture loss, the containers are doing well here.

My chives, green scallions, Italian parsley and mint are survived several days of neglect without wilting or drying out!

Plumeria is doing fabulously.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

A magical mystery tour is probably a diplomatic way of describing the last weeks of weather in Germany.

Torrential rain caused flooding, broken dikes and mass evacuations, the mess is still being cleared up and will continue for months.

In the last days it has been so hot that not only animals and human beings but also some roads have buckled under the strain............that's the photo and there are quite a few that look very similar.

Now there are thunderstorms, some with huge hail stones. Subways, rail tracks and roads are flooded, trees are collapsing, homes struck by lighting, airports affected, thousands of firefighters, still recovering from fighting the floods, are now battling new elements...........and that is only some of it. There are even worries flooding will return.

It is time for Summer Solstice and Midsummer in this part of the world, but it's also a case of "Wo bliebt der Sommer", (where is summer), so really not typical June weather.

However as the winter was the longest and coldest since records began, it looks as if 2013 will turn out to be one of those years where everyone, even those not usually into conversations about the weather, will look back and say "Do you remember 2013, wow that weather was something".

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Here in North Holland it is raining and has been all night - thankfully, we are not flooded ...

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
In our part of Western Pacific Mexico where the "rainy season" supposedly begins in May, since mid-May we have only experienced three rainfalls of any significance. Consequently, my wife, Maria, the day-to-overseer of her garden, has to do much more plant maintenance and watering than normal. Perhaps due to too much heat and wind, some of her potted herbs like thyme, rosemary and rue are not doing so well- the mint and lemon grass are fine though. Witty and wise Zesty Lestie, where are you when we need you the most? Sending a plethora of good vibes your way...

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.