logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Target recently announced a line of wedding and bridesmaids dresses. The price point for the wedding dresses range from about $99-$130.

My question to you is, would you buy your wedding dress from the same store you buy cleaning products and toiletries?

I'd love to get your feedback about this "new" wedding dress retailer! Would you rock a Target wedding dress?

Last edited by Christina-Weddings; 05/30/13 08:13 AM.

Christina Marie McBride
Weddings
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
OP Offline
C
So, I took another look at the dresses on Target's website. The dresses are very simple but because of that, I think they would be great for brides who love accessories. The simplicity yields itself to adding flare with jewelry, great shoes or a unique headpiece.

I think Target might be testing the waters to see if there is a market for bringing bridal fashion to a truly everyday accessible level. I'll be interested to see if their designs progress any farther.

And, whether the budget is $50 or $5,000 all that really matters is that a bride looks and feels her best!

Christina Marie McBride
Weddings
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
If the dress fit well and made me look and feel my best, I would buy it at Target. However, I would find a way to make that dress especially mine.

For my Senior Prom, I bought a dress with flower appliques around the neck. I added a small pearl in the center of each of the flowers. NOBODY else had that dress. The year before, three other people wore the same gown that I did.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

C
OP Offline
C
I love the idea of adding a unique touch to a gown to make it truly your own - especially for special events like a wedding or prom!

Christina Marie McBride
Weddings
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I had a look at the wedding gowns on the Target website - they are fulfilling a need! I think you'd need proper foundation garments for a smooth sillouette including a full length slip to add body.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
If I was getting married on a budget, I liked the style of the dress, and it looked good on me.......why not?

I also like the ideas suggested for making a dress your own if you want to. If you are so inclined you could add a little lace or whatever you wanted for a low cost dress all around. Or hire a seamstress. By all means add some great jewelry too.

I think there is a need for affordable options, especially in this day and age where a lot of people are still jobless or have had to settle for low paying jobs just to be able to eat.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator

Moderated by  Christina-Weddings 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.