Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 103 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 102 103
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Went to Matane to pick up my glasses and spent money in a few places while there, I did go to Ardene which is one of my favorite store but I did not have money to spend there (technically i had but had to think of the money i have to spend the next month) there was this awesome pair of jeans but there was only one available and it was not in my size thankfully so because I would of bought them since they looked awesome.

First I spent 44,58$ at Wal*Mart (15,86$ for an Elmo who gives kisses and hugs [i was careful to make sure it was the real Elmo...dont want anything to do with the new voice] 4,97$ twice for 30 facial cleansers from Pond's 4,97$ for a face cream from Pond's 4,00$ twice for a back sponge cleaner), 14,85$ at Dollorama (1,25$ 3 times of 6 little boxes of incense, 1$ for a little jelly teddy that you squeeze [it also has a little thing inside] 0,69$ for an Aero bar, 1$ for silk paper, 1$ for a big page of Sesame Street stickers, 2$ for a box and 1$ 4 times for Chef Boyardee microwavable meals [took 4 different ones...not the best food but when youre hungry a little its fast]), 61,66$ at Jean Coutu (2,99$ twice for 2 different types of sanitary napkins, 6,99$ for a box of chocolates, 15,49$ for gummy calciums, 5,19$ for toothpaste, 7,99$ for a toothbrush and 11,99$ for a 240ml Glycerodermine), 6,98$ at Les Aliments M&M (2 poutines...i told the people there that if its good ill try other things [that made them laugh] its a frozen food store...they also told me that now we can go 1 place in Amqui and we can order there where they deliver the orders every 2 weeks so thats cool) and 17,20$ at KFC (3 poutines and 1 family size gravy).

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Nancy,

Glad you had an enjoyable shopping day. I love to read your spending experiences because it gives me a glimpse into how someone in another country lives.

By the way, what is a jelly teddy?

And give your new Elmo a hug from me.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

N
N
Hi Sandra. By jelly teddy I meant a little bear made of jelly (or something else...its something you squeeze...theres a little ball too inside...its cute and relaxing too). It will be my pleasure to give Elmo a hug for you!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Nancy -

There definitely is a line crossed when someone puts bills into your name without your permission. Never mind when someone outright takes money out of your bank account.

I would shut down all accounts that they have access to. As an adult, no other person should have legal access to your accounts, not even family members. That is, I have a mother who is alive. Even though she is my mother, she has no legal access to my bank account. If she tried to do something to my bank account, the bank would not let her.

So I would shut down accounts that they were given access to, and create new ones which are explicitly in your name only.

If it was me, I would shut down any accounts like the satellite account that had my name on it. If they want it, they can create their own account in their name. You can even tell the satellite company that you want a note on the account that they are not to make one in your name because it would be fraud.

On the other hand, if it really is you using this account, then I would put it fully in your name and retain full control over it. Set it up with auto-pay so you are in control of it.

Does Canada offer free yearly credit reports. We have that in the US. So once a year I run my credit report and see everything on it in my name. I highly recommend you do that.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
N
Hi Lisa. My parents have no access to my accounts. The satellite bill has always been in my name but they promised to always pay it before we moved. The bill comes in the mail so they take it to the bank and pay it there. From now on I will always check the mail and take that bill so like that I know it would always be paid and in time. In my parents's minds paying late is no big deal so this is why my mom was shocked when I told her that my credit was good and that I wanted to keep it that way. I don't know how it works in Canada with our credit names. My mom said that it was always paid in full just late, I really have a hard time believing that this did not affect my good name. My mom told me that it would take more for them to cut us off but I only care about my name, my parents don't care about them so they figure I'm like them. It took many years and many awful things to help me not trust them with anything, I'm really ashamed that it took me so much time and hits to make me realised this! If NHL would also have their playoff games on their website I would pay to watch my games online and have all the English channels off and put that bill in my dad's name but can't do that, being with Shaw would cost me less money but I can't go with them before I know for sure that I'm still stuck here for years, don't want to pay to break a contract (first appartment i find that has electricity included for 400$ or less im outta here).

N
N
Also, tomorrow my dad will go to the bank when I will be at my aesthetician, if they would not be heartless he would take out the money that bill cost and give it to me (after all tomorrow would of been the day he would of paid it) but I won't hold my breath for that to happen! I think he did that on purpose to say to my mom just after we left for Matane that tomorrow he'll go to the bank, just another cheap shot and then my mom made that cheap shot when I was eating my first KFC poutine, so yeah I'd be surprised if they give me my money back tommorow! The more cheap shot that will come the more it will help me not having remorse to not give them my contact information when I will move out.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Nancy -

The first step is always to get as many facts as you can.

This looks like the Canadian version of a credit report -

EquiFax Canada

And it appears like in the US you can get one for free, to monitor your credit.

So I would request your free credit report. See what it says. Maybe satellite bills never show up on there, in which case this isn't something to worry about for now. That being said, I would still get it out of your name, especially if you're planning on moving. Put that on your list of things to do.

Different people have different views on bill paying. That's normal and natural. Some carry credit card balances. Some would never do that in a million years. So it's OK that you and your parents differ on how to manage this. The key is that things in your name are managed the way you want. If it was in their name they could manage it any way THEY wanted. So if they want to pay late, then it should be in their name. No emotion, no confusion, just simple.

Money is the #1 cause of arguments in relationships. It becomes emotional. We all have different views on what is "right". So the best thing is to organize the finances so it's perfectly clear. If they're paying a bill, their name should be on that bill.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
N
Thank you Lisa for that link, I will go check it out right now!

N
N
Today I spent money in three places. 64,38$ for waxing, 5,39$ at Dollorama (1 Aero, 1 necklace [just for the chain that i will use for a wishbone for hanging it] and a pack of 3 red cords for necklaces [they too will be used to hang things]) and 8,30$ at Pharmaprix (hand soap, two sponges, my pills and another prescription).

And of course my parents did not gave me the money for the bill they wanted to pay today! The worst is actually the hand soap which they absolutely wanted to pay me back, it was done with extreme urgency, and, my mom gave me a 5$ and asked me with great fear if I had a 2$!

Koala
Koala
ToNancy,

Today spent money on my car ,that I am fixing to look brand new.

loong

Page 21 of 103 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 102 103

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.