Next Thread
Print Thread
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This year I am going to be a lot more proactive about traveling in my RV. I keep waiting for my friends to want to do stuff, and they just talk big and act small. I can't wait anymore; i will just have to do it alone.

It's time for me to explore Slab City, that I know. And I will enjoy being near the Holtville Hot Springs and the lower colorado river. I will have my solar panels, my low watt appliances, a lot of books, and my kayak.

That will be a good base of ops for visiting family in San Diego also, and for more exploration of Yuma, a town i am thinking of living in.

I also want to spend some time on the land I own up north a bit on the river, south of vegas.

I will be taking the small trailer, not the big motorhome.

I need to decide which months i want to do this. It's coldish here from dec-feb, so that might be a good time.

PS - Not sure what to do with my cats. There are five. Last time I left i don't think the person i had feeding them was keeping up with it. But since she was doing it for free, do i have the right to complain?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Yeah, you can't wait for other people to go with you, you definitely have to go alone. You certainly need to head to Slab City, sorry you will miss getting to meet Leonard Knight, creator of Salvation Mountain. Sounds like you will have plenty of activities to keep you busy.

That will be a good base for visiting San Diego and checking out Yuma. We loved Yuma when we stayed there. It is a darling little town.

Is your land anywhere near Laughlin? December through February seem to be great months for tootling around in those areas. Plus, you can hang out in Quartzsite that last week of January. That will make me very jealous! Tee hee

Is there any way that you can bring your cats with you? If your friend offered to feed them for free, then it was her responsibility to keep them fed. No matter what, they were in her care so I think you have a right to complain. smile

Erin Lehn Floresca
BellaOnline RV Editor
RV.BellaOnline.com
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I did manage to get my smaller trailer (Logan) to Yuma over over the winter. I like staying there in him. It's way too hot not, though.

I figured out the solution to the cat dilemma. They will come with me to San Diego and sleep in the tent with me at my parents' place, and just hang in the yard during the day. That's what they do now, in any case, in Camp Verde.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
The kitties will LOVE that!

Erin Lehn Floresca
BellaOnline RV Editor
RV.BellaOnline.com

Moderated by  RV Editor Erin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.