Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 194 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 193 194
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Last night I drank Pepsi and ate a few small red Mr Freeze, white uncooked potatoes fried in vegetable oil and butter and the rest of my Knorr chicken and brocoli pasta. This morning I had grape juice with an english muffin and a scramble egg. Earlier I had Pepsi with cucumber, a steak and a slice of white bread with golden corn syrup.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Nancy, I noticed that your diet consists of a lot of starches and sugar. Simple carbs that spike blood sugar. Do you experience any energy highs and lows?

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Nancy - that is AWESOME that you had scrambled eggs for breakfast! Protein is so key when you first wake up, to provide solid fuel for your body after that long period of no food at all.

Well done!!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
N
Yes Lori I do have highs and lows with my energy. I know that what I mostly eat is not healthy but as long as I am not fat I don't care. I did start thinking about what I am doing to my internal organs and I will make some changes soon but I won't completely stop eating and drinking unhealthy food. Life is too short and a life like me that is already sad, pathetic and lonely will make it worst by stopping eating and drinking bad food.

Lisa, just before I finished my english muffin I suddendly had craving for it so I said what the heck then got up after finishing it and made one.

Moderation is key with everything, right now I kind of abandoned that.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Yes, I should have mentioned the protein because I wanted to see if Nancy noticed a difference in how she felt when she added protein to the carbs.

I notice a huge difference but then again I have diabetes so those carbs really affect me. I will pass right out if I have too many carbs at one sitting! Makes me so sad because I adore juice, especially grape juice!

As for food choices, we all tend to crave carbs when we're feeling down. Today, I had a rather upsetting day and all I wanted was a bowl of Rocky Road chocolate ice cream.

My own food choices can be really healthy or really unhealthy as exhibited by my dinner tonight which was a burger made with half beef and half bacon.

Last edited by Lori - Marriage; 05/17/13 06:03 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Nancy -

An unhealthy body can be many shapes. Think of the starving people in Ethiopia. They are very unhealthy but they are not fat. I also know many fat people who are very healthy. So being fat or not fat is separate from being healthy.

It's not just your energy levels that suffer. It's your brain. Your brain needs certain nutrients to work properly. If it doesn't have them, it does all sorts of wild things. You might not even realize how "unhealthy" your brain is behaving, if you don't know how it could be when healthy.

It might be that a key reason you feel sad, pathetic, and lonely - which is a shame!! - is because of the low health levels of your brain. It could be that you'd be happier, content, and more at peace if your brain had the nutrients it needed to run smoothly.

Bad food isn't better tasting. In most cases it's worse tasting. And it doesn't make you feel better. It most cases it makes you feel worse, because it sends you on highs and lows. So there's no "benefit" to eating bad food, and there's many down sides. I.e. if I looked at a boring bowl of spaghetti or a delicious fresh-herb eggplant parm dinner, I would avidly go for the eggplant parm because it is so much tastier.

So maybe we could brainstorm about why the things you currently eat seem to be your only options, when there are so many delicious things in the world to eat.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
N
Lisa, I begin feeling this way when I was ten years old and when I was young (1 of the rare things my parents did well) I was eating healthy so me feeling like that is due to my childhood and depression.

I like the taste of fast food and junk food. I also love the taste of healthy food. Right now I preffer to focus on one thing at a time and I picked something else than nutrition to start with.

Thanks for talking to me about this and everything else and wanting to help me, I very much appreciate it! You'll see soon that my daily menu will change :-)!

N
N
Last night I had Pepsi and peanuts and sunflower seed with added salt and macaroni with tomatoe sauce and cheese. This morning I had grape juice and tow toasts. As a snack I had Pepsi and the rest of the macaroni from last night. Earlier I had Pepsi with a pickle, a pork chop and peanuts and sunflower seeds with added salt.

N
N
Last night I had Pepsi, white uncooked potatoes fried in butter and vegetable oil, chocolate, red original Skittles and bacon hickory potatosticks. This morning I had grape juice and one and a half english muffin. As a snack I had Pepsi, sunflower seeds with added salt and yellow original Skittles. Later I had Pepsi and peanuts and added salt. Earlier I had Pepsi with a pickle, pork chop, a few peanuts with added salt and white uncooked potatoes fried in butter and vegetable oil.

N
N
Last night I had Pepsi with white uncooked potatoes fried in butter and vegetable oil, white bread and golden corn syrup and original Kraft macaroni and cheese. This morning I had grape juice and two toasts. As a snack I had Pepsi and white uncooked potatoes fried in butter and vegetable oil. Earlier I had Pepsi and some of last night's pasta.

Page 6 of 194 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 193 194

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.