Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 103 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 102 103
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly -

It sounds like you're doing an awesome job of living frugally! I hope you feel better soon.

We do have stone walls but I tend to take stone walls fairly seriously and would not cannibalize an authentic stone wall for a project. We don't have enough other loose rocks to make a properly sized fire pit.

This photo is as far as we currently have gotten, and it still needs another layer of rocks before it's high enough for me. I want to make sure no fire can get out. We live in a forest so it's important to me that it's as safe as possible.

The next step is to build a stone patio to go under it, so even occasional sprays of sparks can't set anything alight.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
One of my glass hummingbird feeders has a leaking tube, so I ordered a new one on the web for $4. That was my only purchase for the day.

Low Carb Forum
N
N
Your backyard looks beautiful Lisa. Is the wood we see in the first picture yours? How big is it? We do have lots of trees here along with mountains and forests but our yard is not near a forest or mountain and it is small. We do have flowers and trees along with raspberries and a garden (that we have not used yet). It has been many years since I've sit near a fire outside, I was a young teenager the last time.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa, what a lovely firepit! I am so happy for you.

I keep forgetting not everyone has a zillion rocks everywhere. The southwest is made of rocks. We don't buy them out here - we just try not to trip over them all. :-)

Nancy, I am so proud of you for returning here so diligently to record your expenses! It is so useful to track and observe our spending habits. Good job.

Today I paid my mortgage but I don't consider it something I 'spent' today...it's not like i had a choice about that one.

Other than that I spent nothing. I thought about taking myself out to eat because I accomplished a few good things today, but then decided I could just make myself something and save the money for my goals.

It really helps having a big goal like Europe to save for.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Hey Jilly......I hope you are feeling better.

I am out of work again so I really need to live on the cheap. I had to get four Mother's day cards and one birthday card this week so I went to the dollar store. I got two cards for $1 each, and the rest were 50 cents each. I could not go wrong with that, considering how inflated the prices of holiday cards can be in other stores!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I have made my own cards at times or have used a blank note card and have written my own note. The price at the Dollar Store is hard to beat though.

N
N
Buying from Avon's website in Canada is now hard! First we are forced to be tied to a seller and then what you ordered is sent to that person and they are the ones who can aprove or not, if it's approved we are then contacted by that person. She'll probably freak out since I asked to have English as my main language and she only speaks French. One of the things I ordered is a face cream (i was going to go with 2 more but i ended up in their American website and i read the reviews and many people with combo skin uses it and loves it so i figured what the hell ill try it) and I want to start using it on June 5 so I hope I can get it before that plus I bought my dad's birthday gift and it's on June 6. I really don't understand why make this so difficult, I used to often order from them online and it was easy and fast!

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I have a representative for Avon but this last time she sent me an email and directed me to online (I figured to save money on catalogs because I do not see her that often or order that often). I did respond and asked her a question as well but never heard back from her. I didn't think the address was a noreply type thing. Oh well. I always enjoyed looking at their gifts and other items as well as cosmetics.

When I was in high school I sold Avon. I guess I did it about a year. I did door to door but gave up on that. Some people were awful - they would place a large order and never pay for it.

I met my rep through work. She had a good thing going there. It's harder now that she is retired.

N
N
Hi Angie! I too was an Avon representative but only for a campaign. The people did not like us where I did this so I only made two sells and one was a friend, I ended up buying a necklace and the earrings that went with them and that took all the money (+ some more) that I had made with these two sells. I still have not been contacted by the person they gave to me, I bet she will call tomorrow when I will be gone for many hours!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I sold Avon too, a few years back, to write it up for the BellaOnline editors so they could see what it was like. It was fun, but none of my friends are interested in Avon products so it was only me buying things to test them out. I don't wear makeup so after a while I gave it up.

I didn't buy anything today - just been catching up on work!

Low Carb Forum
Page 18 of 103 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 102 103

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.