Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I hope it's ok for me to post here in a separate thread. I didn't want to hijack Terri's thread!

She inspired me to pay attention and to journal my exercise efforts. I love to move and yet I can't seem to maintain a regular exercise schedule. Here are my effort for the past three days. None of them include any formal exercise since I have been babysitting my grandnieces:

April 1: 90 minutes (at least) of continuous housecleaning that included mopping floors, scrubbing bathrooms, raking leaves and washing the artificial lawn with water and a broom (back and forth). I knew I expended energy because I was out of breath and tired! smile

April 2: 30 minutes of brisk walking...through the IKEA store. Yes, brisk because I had left my nieces with my friend at the play area while my daughter and I raced to find a set of measuring cups and get back to our group ASAP. But we couldn't find the cups, got lost and we whizzed up and down, back and forth, trying to find our way! If you haven't been to an IKEA, it is a very large store with meandering walkways and stairs. LOL. Yes, I was out of breath and tired! smile

April 3: So far, only 10 minutes of strolling--uphill--in the park to get to two playgrounds. But there's still time for me to do something else after dinner. Yoga?

Gosh, I see how vital it is to keep track of my exercise because I need to get in regular and sustained sessions and not only these daily little movements.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, actually you have done some good workouts. Cleaning and running after kids require lots of movement and burn calories.

I used to go to Walmart to walk all the time. It was after my back surgery and I felt unstable. At Walmart I could use a cart to keep my balance and it's a huge store.

I will keep watching your thread but you are welcome anytime to post on the Exercise thread. It's for everybody.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks, Terri. I'll post in both! smile

April 4: Took my three chis out for a morning walk. Because they were frightened of some barking dogs behind a fence, I began to run a little. It felt so good that I kept going. Running a short bit, walking, running again, walking.

The overall distance was only one mile but it's a start. The dogs and I just loved it. smile

Next time, I'll time myself to get a baseline then see if I can either improve on distance or time.

What is a good time for a one-mile walk? Run? What is a good amount of exercise (30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hour?)

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, I always caution on doing too much too soon, because of safety. It's great that you were able to do what you did today. Before I could tell what a good pace and duration might be I would need to know your overall fitness level. Such as have you been exercising before this and how much; do you have any health issues; how do you feel after the walk/jog? Stuff like that.

If you want any advice I'll be glad to give it, if you're comfortable giving me background info. Of course you can always send it to me privately. You did great, congratulations!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
LOL. Boy, were you right, Terri! My thighs were sore the next day! haha. Because I had to get up early to take my aunt to a fasting blood test and then more x-rays and errands, I didn't have any free time to exercise until that evening. So I decided not to go out at all and let my thighs rest.

April 5: Rest

April 6: One mile walk/run with dogs. Dragged my hubby and daughter along with us so I had to run to a corner and then walk back to them, etc. so it was probably more than one mile but not much.

Tonight, we'll be in the backyard working with the dogs (training) and I'll be sure to get everyone to do some yoga poses to stretch. Maybe I can challenge my family to do some push-ups. We have no upper body exercise.

Can you recommend some for those without a gym? I had some stretch bands but donated them a while back when I did join the gym.

As for me fitness level:

I am 52. My work now is fairly sedentary (computer work). I have diabetes with some neuropathy in my feet/toes and fingers. I have exercised on and off in a gym, but not regularly or sustained as a lifestyle. As a youth, I was very active and had a busy child-rearing phase. But for the past ten years, exercise been sporadic and minimal. I noticed that I do okay on level ground but when I walk with a friend uphill, OY! I get out of breath fast and my legs ache!

The good news is that after those little walk/runs, I feel good. No shortness of breath, chest pains, light-headedness. I only run until my breathing become rhythmic and I need to focus on breathing then I stop and walk until my breathing returns to normal. Then, I wait a while and run again.

One mile is quite short for a walk/run so I doubt if I'm putting myself in any danger but I know I do have high triglycerides and cholesterol. But if my "feelings" are any indication, I have zero pain while I'm walk/running. No cramps, no joint pain.

And afterward, I feel really great! smile

I only wish I could jump into a pool of water to swim! That would be nirvana.

Thanks so much for your help! I'm wondering if I should keep a log/journal. I'd love to log in my stats (weight, etc.) to see progress but I'm thinking it might be better to focus on fitness level instead of weight.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Definetly keep the log. You will want to go back and look at your stats. It can be very motivating. I record what I eat and exercise everyday. It helps me stay on track. Here is one of my articles you might find interesting:
Keeping a Fitness Journal

It sounds like you are managing the one mile walk/jog well. I wouldn't try to increase yet. Try making it a habit first. How many days a week do you plan on doing it? You can let yourself be flexible.

Your right upper body work is important as well as abs. I have an article waiting to be released "Get Rid of Under Arm Jiggle". It's coming up soon. But Push-ups are probably the best upper body exercise you can do.

You might also, want to think about your abs sometime in the future. I have two articles that could be helpful in that regard:
Your Core Source of Strength and Stability
and
Pilates Workout at Home

I have another article that is four walking programs for beginners. I may go ahead and release it this week. You might find something useful.

Let me know whatever I can do to help. I enjoy helping people set up workout routines and get healthy. One more caution, don't try to do everything at once. If you want upper body work just stick to the push-ups for now. If you want to do ab work pick a couple of the exercises to do regularly. You might want to do the arms and abs on off days of your walk/jogs, just so you don't get overwhelmed. But right now the most important thing is stay with the walk/jog, you don't have to add anything yet, and make it a habit. You're doing great!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks for your support and interest, Terri! It really motivates me! smile

I will keep this online exercise journal but I'm nervous about keeping a food journal. It won't be very inspiring to anyone and it will be embarrassing, truthfully. I eat really unwise things. I pop a lot of things in my mouth without thinking. A bite of this, a bite of that. And it all adds up.

For example, I had a nice lunch with 1/2 a sandwich, 1/2 salad with water. But then, it came with a small bag of chips so I ate it. My husband had a big breakfast and only wanted a snack so he ordered--yikes--a caramel latte and a cinnamon roll. So of course, I cut a small bite of the cinnamon roll and ate it. Then, I ate another small bite. ha.

Came home and my son had a large bag of Doritos on his desk and I ate a handful. I am a total crunchy junkie and I didn't prepare anything to keep on hand. My usual soybeans, kale chips, etc. I like the good stuff but also eat the bad stuff.

As we were at the checkout stand, I read a magazine title that said, "Dr. Oz reveal your hidden fat sources!" I said, "I want to know what my hidden fat sources are!" And my husband said, "It's right there. The chips." Sad but true.

My food journal will be horrifying.

I need ab work. That's where all my fat is! So I will add ab work and arm work on the alternate days. I am so excited, Terri!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
I don't put my food journal online. I'm like you, it would be horrifying. Overall I eat a well balance, healthy diet--but my deep dark secret is that occasionally I will have donuts for lunch!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
We-ell then...I might be up to a challenge, if you are. hehe. You post your TRUE and HONEST food journal and I will, too.

Of course, this is entirely unfair since you exercise so much, you can eat anything you want.

Is anyone else up to a food journal challenge? wink Maybe I will post one in another forum that deals with food and diet. Wellness forum?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Sorry, no challenge. My eating habits are very near and dear to me, and crazy to the rest of the world. But I would love to read yours.

I'm sure you'll find some takers. It's actually a great idea, for the brave!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I completely understand! smile

On one hand, this strikes me as social suicide among friends who are health-minded. On the other, there nothing like facing the truth to know where I stand. Hard to live in denial when the facts stare at you from the page/screen.

One time I kept a food journal, I laughed because I saw how I nibble all the wrong things. Two M&Ms. A handful of chips. Because I work from home, I'm near the kitchen pantry. I have to learn not to BUY those things and instead get the healthy things. But I still overeat because I would eat a handful of nuts, a 1/2 sandwich, leftovers throughout the day. I am a nosher.

I think I'll start my food journal in the Marriage forum!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I changed my mind. No public online food journal. I was feeling quite brave until I stuffed three Doritos in my mouth while I was trying to decide what to have for breakfast.

No one will respect me if they see what goes into my mouth throughout the day. ha. They might like to see the train wreck but...

T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
I'm all with you on that.

T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
One time when I was trying to lose weight and had your same problem, (sweet and salty disease), I put raw veggies (carrots,celery, sweet peppers, black olives) on the kitchen counter. Every morning I sat the containers out and they stayed until bedtime. Plus having the food already chopped, prepared and in containers is a big help too. I usually prepare the day I get home from the grocery or I will be lazy and let it sit.

That way every time I walked in the kitchen for a bite of something I had snacks available and it was also a good reminder. However, I don't buy chips, cookies (which I love) or that kind of thing because I would eat them big time! My husband doesn't eat those kind of things either and we don't have any kids so it's easier.

I also bought large containers of nuts (that's my husband's weakness) at Sam's Discount Club and measured them on a food scale, one ounce at a time. I put one ounce in a baggy and had lots of baggies in the cabinet, but it worked.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
LOL. Sweet and salty disease! Yes, I'm afflicted!

April 7: Rest

April 8: ??? The weather is chilly, windy and a tad drizzly. Bad excuse not to exercise, I know. And yesterday, my husband and I mapped out a new 2 mile walk/run for me! I was looking forward to it, too.

Do you exercise in the bad weather? I'll think of a way to get in the exercise. I'll check in again!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks for the snack tips. I will work on that. Snack baggies. Great idea.

Gotta STOP buying the junk though.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
I usually exercise inside when the weather is bad. Since I live in Wyoming it will be awhile before it warms up. I have all the exercise equipment imaginable so it's not a problem for me. If you don't have equipment this might be a good day to do some push-ups and abs.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
The weather cleared up beautifully with only just a gentle breeze.

April 8: 2-mile walk. Took my chis and my daughter but it was too long for the dogs. They were panting and I had to carry two of them for short bits. My daughter got a blister because of her condition that makes her walk on her tip-toes. She can walk but not too far.

Although I didn't get in the short bursts of running, I at least managed to keep my alternating days of exercise.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
I'm glad your sticking to it. We are having a blizzard here right now.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, gee, Terri. Stay warm and same.

Today I hoped to get to Disneyland for a nice long walk and then sit somewhere pretty to write but my daughter who accompanies me got a nasty blister from yesterday's walk and she refused to let me push her in a wheelchair. Oh, well. I'll stay and catch up on my writing.

April 9: ? so far. I'll edit this later.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
How close are you to Disneyland and how do you get to go there and just walk around? I am soooo jealous.

Hope your daughter's foot feels better. You've heard the old wives tale for blisters? Run a bath with warm water and Epsom salts and let the foot soak. That's what my Mom would tell me to do.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well, we drove into the parking garage and saw the long line of Spring breakers and we drove out. LOL. We have that option because we do live so close to Dland and have annual passes.

I've lived in So. Cal nearly all of my life. I even worked there while going through college. When I got married and had kids, we had annual passes most of the time. My kids think of Dland as their other backyard.

April 10: 1 mile walk with dogs.

April 11: 1 mile walk with dogs and daughter.

I wanted to go 2 miles but they just can't make it with me. Tomorrow I may go all by myself because it just isn't a "zen" experience when I'm toting along three little chis, untangling leashes, keeping them from being eaten by larger dogs, etc.

I saw your 20-20-20 routine and it sounds good. Maybe I should come up with a similar routine.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
You deserve a "Zen" walk. Just don't go to Disneyland.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Not until Spring Break is over at least.

Tomorrow I plan on walking by myself early in the morning. Think I'll youtube Pilates and yoga routines to see if I can fill a hour.

It's just after 9 pm and I took the dogs out for another walk but this one was a shorter one because there were some big dogs roaming around and I didn't want them to snack on my chihuahuas.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
A good site for Pilates is Pilates Anytime. You have to pay for a membership but you can try it out for free first.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Today didn't turn out as I planned. So, I took it as a day of rest from the walk/runs I've begun.

April 12: Rest.

Got immersed in writing and finishing one of my ebooks. Before I knew it, the day was gone and hubby was ready for Date Night. I got a lot of work done though. smile

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 04/12/13 08:37 PM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Hope you had fun on date night!

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
LOL. For our "Date Night" he took me to get my hair cut. But afterward we got some sushi. Nice time together. I love that floating sushi bar. Not really floating but the sushi passes by on a small moving belt so you can pick what you like.

Anyway, I slipped on my exercise goals:

April 13: 2 mile walk/run while daughter, DH and dogs went on a shorter walk.

April 14: No exercise. Got so caught up in the Masters and family. Plus, it was ch-ch-chilly.

April 15: 1 mile walk/run. My daughter tried to take the chis on their shorter walk but one of them threw a fit to come with me. So I took her but on only a shorter walk/run.

After missing that one day, I found it hard to get back out. I kept telling myself, "Just get out the door. Out the door. Don't worry about how far you go or if you run. Just get out the door."

It worked. I got out the door. Exercise inspires me to eat better, too. This morning I drank some V8 and a 4 oz. Activa yogurt lite with green tea. I wondered if I could be brave enough to post my food journal to really keep me accountable like this exercise journal is doing but then I thought, "Better wait to see if how I feel when this euphoria passes. haha."

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
For anyone who is thinking about exercising but is holding back for any reason, I can tell you that it makes a huge difference just to start. You get the ball rolling in the right direction because it motivates you to want to adopt new and healthier habits in other areas of your life.

For me, exercise is not about losing weight or fitting into clothes. It is about overall health. Brain health. Body flexibility and strength. Well-being.

And, studies show that it doesn't take much to achieve all this. In fact, one can over-exercise. But even if you're not training as an athlete, you can still enjoy the benefits of exercise.

Gentle exercise. Even semi-regular exercise is fantastic. In fact, it is being touted as the one panacea for all ills, even the true fountain of youth.

I very much appreciate Terri for her inspiration. I hope this journal keeps me going. It's only been a week but what a difference in my mind and body. My pants are looser.

Talk about a rolling ball...my hubby has seen my enthusiasm and now wants to rejoin the gym together. I would like easier access to machine to build upper body strength. Right now, my arms are so weak.

And to think this all began with just getting out the door for a short walk.

T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, it is so wonderful to hear you talk like this. I have found the same thing to be true. Last week I slacked up on my exercise, not for any really, good reason. It's hard to start back.

I have a cold and I still want to do something today. Maybe I'll do some easy yoga.

I'm so happy for you!

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Thank you, Terri! I have YOU to thank for letting me post my exercise journal here and for all the wisdom and encouragement. It makes a world of difference. Otherwise, I could just slip back into my old patterns.

Well, it hasn't been one month yet so I can't say I've established a new exercise habit but I'm on my way. Today, I didn't get out first thing and I began to write and do laundry. Before I knew it, it was time to fix dinner. So I made a pact with myself: Fix dinner, go for the walk/run, come back to jump in the shower and THEN I can eat dinner. lol.

One thing I've found is that if I am dressed in my walking clothes, I'm more apt to "use" them. I'm dressed so I might as well get out the door type of thinking!

One oops is that I stuck the dinner in the oven and told the kids to watch it. I came home to a smokey house because it spilled over apparently. I thought I'd come up with a great new routine to put dinner in the oven or on the stove and get out for my exercise so the meal would be waiting for me when I got back.

Maybe this is my cue to fix salads for dinner?

April 26: 2-mile walk/run.

T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, you are an inspiration to me. You've got something there about the cook and run. Just needs a little fine tuning. Talking about wearing your walking clothes---I do that to; it's a great reminder.

Thanks for sharing your life with us.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Again, YOU are the one who deserves all thanks. I highly encourage any lurkers out there to join in. What a great way to keep accountable.

April 17: 3.5 mile walk.

It doesn't seem like much but I'm working first on consistency and sustainability. A daily walk is doable.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, that is a long walk. Good for you! Did you take the chi's?

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Haha. No, did not take the chis. They'd never keep up and I'd end up carrying them. It looks entirely silly when I carry my chis as I walk.

My legs are feeling it. Not sore but, well, just feeling that they were used a lot today.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
April 18: No exercise. frown My aunt had a dental emergency that jumbled my schedule. Then, a last minute invite to a dinner.

But, I did manage a 10-minute walk when I finished some errands early and had to wait a bit for my aunt who wasn't done at the dentist. I just walked up and down little shopping plaza where her dentist office is.

So, A for effort? smile

April 19: House and yard cleaning today. Should take a few hours of non-stop moving about! I like the house and yard clean for the weekend.

Last edited by Lori - Marriage; 04/19/13 07:50 AM.
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
It get frustrated when my plan has to change like that. You did good; didn't seem to let it get you down and the 10 minute walk showed great committment.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you, Terri! I appreciate that very much. This is really going to be a test for me as I typically stop after a while.

An update for April 19: 3.5 hours of housecleaning. Cleaning inside of house(including refrigerator), raking leaves, watering pots, and cleaning off patio took longer than I expected. My daughter and I took breaks but it will took over 3 hours (not counting breaks and lunch).

phew. I'm still working on laundry though.

YIKES! The wind is blowing more leaves off the trees!!! I know there is a good zen quote for this but I can't think of it now.

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 04/19/13 01:54 PM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, what a great workout and getting so much done also. A double whammy!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks! I did feel a bit worn afterward. This morning I wanted to get out for my walk early but I had a very restless sleep and woke up late and exhausted. I'll try to do the walk later today.

A friend is coming by to visit so maybe I'll suggest we walk together as we visit.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
That's a good way to keep walking. If you can find a partner to walk with even if it is only a couple days a week. A partner other than the chis.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well, my friend wanted to eat lunch instead of walk. Go figure. And my husband wanted to take the family out for a dinner and a movie.

It was very hard not to just make this a "free" day. Free from exercise and free from eating right. You know, a sort of splurge day. A trainer told me that a good way to deal with temptations is to save them all up for one day of the week when you splurge.

But then I remembered:
1. "Wait, I'm only on Day Four of the eating right plan, not Day Seven!"
2. "I already missed Friday's walk due to the housecleaning."
3. "How will I feel after I splurge or skip the walk? Good or bad?"

Wrestling with myself for a while, I finally remembered my daily goal: Just get out the door. I had just enough time to get in my 2 mile walk/run and shower before we left!!!

AND I DID! Yay!

April 20: 2 mile walk/run

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
April 21: Walk along the bluffs above Laguna Beach with my hubby and three chis. In total, it might have been one mile. It was more of a Sunday stroll so maybe after dinner, I'll talk the family into some yoga! smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
I am so proud of you. Such willpower!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you, Terri. You're the reason why this is working for me. smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
April 22: 2 mile walk/run.

I was motivated by my high glucose level.

I'm still going to work on that 360 degree Ab crunch!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Today I set out to do my 2 mile walk/run before dinner. My daughter and chis came along for just the beginning part but when it was time for them to turn back, one of my chis wriggled out of her collar (her head is smaller than her neck and she needs a harness) so she could run to me.

I decided to bring her with me but she proved to be a huge distraction so I ended up being able to go just one mile. At least we ran down one street.

April 23:
1 mile walk/run.
10 minutes of yoga poses.
light gardening.

Oh, well. There's always tomorrow. Look at me! I'm dissatisfied with just one mile. Wow. I am changing into an exercise lover!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Those chis, such little trouble makers. LOL

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes, they are, those rascals.

Today is overcast, chilly and occasionally misty/drizzly. Figures. I just got my car washed this morning. :P

I hope I make it out the door this afternoon...

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Nope. Didn't make it out the door yesterday so I took it as a rest day. One out of seven days is ok by me.

April 24: Rest

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, you need to take at least 1-2 days off per week. Your muscles will get tired and your an injury waiting to happen. They need time to recover. So taking yesterday off was a good thing.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Even though I'm not really exercising much? Well, it's nice to know that taking the other day off was okay.

April 25: 1 mile walk pushing a heavy wheelchair filled with my daughter and the dogs.

And another 1 mile walk without them. smile

April 26: Yoga plus beginner Pilates video. I need upper body strength. All this walking is toning my legs already but my arms are weak and flabby.

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 04/26/13 01:41 PM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, I don't know how you can think you're not exercising much. You are doing a lot and even more important consistently.

Great idea for your daughter and the chis. I bet they had fun.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you, Terri. It doesn't feel like exercise if I'm not sweating or breathing heavily. LOL.

Consistency is my biggest challenge. I'm having a hard time getting it in today. frown

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Just when you commended me for being consistent...

April 27: 0 exercise

April 28: 0 exercise

Oh, NO!!!!!!! The weekend just distracted me big time. My husband agreed to do the 2-mile walk with me last night after dinner only to renege since it got dark and late. I don't like to walk all by myself in the dark.

sigh. But today is another day. Plus I have incentive to really do well this week as I am attending a shower and no one has seen me since I started this and...I have lost some weight already. smile

Yesterday, I did look up some more Pilates and Yoga videos to learn new poses and moves.

It just feels wrong not to exercise now.

And great news! I just learned that they are opening up a 24 Hour Fitness at the mall right down the street from me. It will make the gym very convenient now. I will join when it opens.

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 04/29/13 06:17 AM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, don't be hard on yourself. I know you'll get back on track today. If you want any help with yoga or pilates I can help you. And of course Tracy can help with yoga too.

Ooooo... you're going to be such a great hit at the shower. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes, I did get back on track today! I just returned from my 2-mile walk. Was going to run off and on as I usually do but something told me that I'd better watch my joints and back at my age. That walking was enough.

Yes, I'd love Pilates and Yoga help!

And thanks for the encouragement!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
You are so intuitive. Backs and joints are so easily injured. I have an upcoming article on healthy bones and joints.

Did I already tell you to read my article:
Pilates Workout at Home ?

Tell me what specifically you would want help in Pilates and Yoga. Do you want poses, recommendations, etc.? Also, if you're looking for upper body strength read my article posting tomorrow. It's about Getting Rid of Under Arm Jiggle.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well, specifically I need arm strength and ab toning. I will read your article. smile

Today, my daughter and I will be walking at Disneyland. Then, I will do some Pilates.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you, Terri! Excited to try them!

April 29: 2 mile walk with a lunch break after one mile. So two one-mile walks. smile

And I will do Terri's exercise suggestions!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 1: 2-mile walk. No running or jogging because I was talking to an out-of-state friend during the walk half the time. The other half, I enjoyed nature.

It is hard to get out the door but once I am, I really love this. Why is it so hard to get my rear out the door?

Last night, I did the Pilates moves and was amazed at how small moves can get your muscles to work. I think I will alternate yoga and Pilates.

I'm just trying to maintain some form of regular exercise and build upon it without making it so hard and unpleasant that I stop!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 2: 0

Got called into work today. After work, I met a friend and we did stroll through a mall to look for sandals but we didn't really walk all that far.

I just got home a little while ago and now I feel done with today.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
This is so not good. I cannot get in the exercise if I go outside for work as I have been doing for the past three days.

May 3: 0

May 4: 0

I need to get up early and get it done in the morning because I just get carried away with the day's activities...

I noticed that during my regular day, I can get in walking that is equivalent to at least 1 or 2 miles but I just won't count that as everyone has to walk around for regular life activities, too.

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 05/05/13 08:36 AM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Yuck!--exercise in the morning--that's just mad.

Here is my advice (excuse typos, I can type with only 1 finger):
Set yourself a bare minimum baseline, such as 10 min walk; or 3 Pilates or 3 yoga poses (not all of this just choose a piece).

No matter what do the minimum; it's for your mind not so much the body. You can tell yourself you are successful because you did it.

If you let yourself go too long even with a valid excuse you will begin to slide.

Then take a look at your daily schedule and it might be time for a re-do. Does it look like your schedule of working outside will continue?

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 5: 0

HELP!!!

Yes, that is a great idea just to do three poses, etc.

I will be working three days this week. I'm trying to stop working but I will go in when they need me to help with testing.

I need to come up with something fast.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Wanted to add that when my daughter and I went to the baby shower on Saturday, people commented on our weight loss. smile

My sisters asked, "What are you doing to lose weight? You look really good." Yay!

So that is incentive to keep going. Er, to start up again!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, don't panic. Do you get a break at work? If so walk on your breaks. It has been proven that several short exercise periods a day work just as well as one longer session.

Can you do single leg stretch; tree pose; and chair pose? Do them while your waiting for the water to boil or the water to get sudsy. Pick one pose, just do it. Don't let yourself slip anymore. Get up in the morning and do:
Exercises to Relieve Morning Stiffness or
Exercise in Bed to Relieve Joint Pain

Just try five minutes. You have come so far, don't slip up now!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
You are a godsend, Terri. Last night, I was sad to have missed yet another day of exercise until I read this and thought, "Even though it is late and will get dark out soon and it might start to rain again, I am going for a five minute walk!"

So I did. But I ended up going for 30 minutes at a fast pace! Yay! It didn't rain and it stayed light enough for me to get home safely!

Today I will walk earlier!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
I'm glad it worked out for you, Lori. Sometimes exercise isn't about how much or what we do but that we just keep the habit. You're doing great!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks, Terri! smile

May 7: 2 mile walk. Dragged my hubby with me this time. It was nice but different. When I walk alone, I love that inner calm and zen feeling. It's almost meditative. But I love holding his hand and chatting with him, too.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 8: 0

:*(

So much to do. I need to set aside a designated walk time, such as before dinner, because the day ends so abruptly when I'm working.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, that's a good idea. I usually exercise around 4pm. I set an alarm to remind me in case I'm writing. It really helps me stay on a schedule.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 9: 1.4 walk

I took my husband, kids and chis but my husband got leg cramps so we had to cut the two miler down to only 1.4. We need to stretch!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, here is a great book for stretching:

Full-Body Flexibility-A Review

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks!

May 10: 0

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Uh oh. This past weekend was filled with Mother's Day prep (shopping, etc.) so...

May 11: 0

May 12: 0

Today, my daughter and I will resume our walking. Everyone kept remarking about our weight loss. It's gratifying to see how little effort can bring visible changes. But reining in my food intake WITH walking makes a huge difference.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Happy Mother's Day, Lori. You'll get back out there today.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 13: 0

May 14: 0

SIX DAYS of NOTHING! What happened?!?! Other commitments. Family care. Visits. Celebrations. Work. Weather.

Well, what about my commitment to ME? I thought about that this morning and I JUST GOT OUT THE DOOR again. BEFORE the weather got too warm outside. BEFORE I did a thing for anyone else. BEFORE I began to sit and write. (I've been so focused on putting out my eBooks on CreateSpace and fine-tuned the process. FIVE book proofs are on the way for final editing! WOO HOO!)

So I got out of the door today.

May 15: 2 mile walk! And that's just the beginning. I'm still dressed for yoga. Plus, my daughter and I are going to learn some dances on youtube. LOL.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, we are all in your corner. I'm so glad you put yourself 1st today. It's a shame we take care of others before ourselves. Sometimes that can't be helped but as I'm sure you know we are better for everyone when we are our best selves.

Today is 2 weeks from surgery and I can ride my bike but it is also pt day and that is my exercise for today. However, I challenge you to exercise with me tomorrow as I ride the recumbent for 15 minutes (I'm starting back slowly). We can cheer each other on!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oops. Missed your challenge! frown

But I will get my exercise in today for certain!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
That's okay I missed it too. However I have already exercised today and will post it to the fitness journal.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 16: 0
May 17: 0
May 18: 1 mile walk
May 19: 0

So not good. A few family stresses came up. Just overwhelmed. That's probably the best time to get out there but...

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Oh Lori, you're losing your momentum. Don't worry it is common in new exercisers. In the beginning we are so excited that we are actually exercising and the adrenaline keeps us going.

We believe in you and know you will get back on track, now.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 20: 0
May 21: 0

I LIKE exercise now--really I do! I think the best way for me to jump back into it is to walk as a walking meditation first thing in the AM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
A new approach is a good idea. Keep going-don't let this setback stop you.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 22: 2-mile walk.

Back on it!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Way to go! Just try to aim for something reasonable. For now don't worry about resistance work, just keep walking.

That's what I have had to do--ride the bike and don't worry about anything else except PT.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 23: 0

May 24: 1.5 miles

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Way to go. Try to plan some activity for the holiday weekend.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 25: 0

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 26: 15 minutes of yoga
May 27: 0
May 28: 2 miles

I was feeling bad about not getting in exercise daily but then I realized that in the past, I would shoot for three times a week and not make it. I'll shoot for daily and feel good about getting in at least three times a week as it's still be doing better than in the past. smile

I'm really loving the yoga. It feels so good. But I still need upper body. I might get that chair.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Way to go Lori. Keep up your good work.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 29: 2 miles

May 30: 20 minutes of yoga

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Way to go, Lori. Mixing up your workouts is a good idea.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May 31: 2 mile walk

June 1: 0-slipped and fell. Bruised my feet, especially one toe that is black and blue. Not good for a diabetic with neuropathy in her feet! ugh.

June 2: My sore toes were not enough to get me out of 20 minutes of tag with some little girls but I slid and fell, skinning my knee. When was the last time I skinned my knees?!?!

June 3: 0.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Whoa girl, you sound like the walking wounded. Your doing great with your walking program and with your playing tag program too.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
June 4: 2 mile walk.

The toe bruising is on the top of my toes so walking doesn't hurt much. I can feel pressure but not pain.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
You are brave. Nothing worse than a sore foot.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
June 5: 20 minutes of yoga

June 6: 0

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
June 7: 1 mile walk

June 8: 0. But a TON of physical activity with cooking and cleaning for a party. Today, I am sore and exhausted.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
I'm glad your still walking. Housework can be a good workout. Hope the party was fun.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
June 9: 2 mile walk
June 10: 0
June 11: 0
June 12: 0

I notice that on the days I do not walk, my brain does not process as well. I am concerned about developing dementia or Alz and I read that exercise is essential.

Skipping the exercise is no longer an option. frown

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, it is true that exercise has a positive impact on the brain. So get out there and protect those brain cells. smile

Koala
Koala
Dear Terri,

Today again 2 hour walk.

loong

T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
You are awesome. I hope you have a nice place to walk.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
June 13: 1 mile walk

June 14: 20 minutes of yoga

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
June 15: 0
June 16: 0
June 17: .5 mile walk

Pitiful.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, don't think bad thoughts about yourself. Just get out and go for a walk. Why don't you take the chi's? I bet they would love it.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks, Terri!

June 18: 2-mile walk, 15 minutes yoga

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Way to go!

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Jun 19: 40 minute walk! Woo hoo!

My husband and I went for a looong walk through Disneyland. Took us about 45 minutes with no stopping.

T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Ditto- Woo Hoo!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
June 20: Another long Dland walk!!! Sent pics to Jilly to prove it! laugh

June 21: 0. Busy, frustrating day without time to do anything personal.

June 22: 30 minutes of yoga.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Your doing good Lori. Have you thought of laying out a monthly calendar and write in all the times you exercised, or even just put an X. It's a visual tool to show you that you are doing more than you think you are.

However, in your case you will only have a few days that you won't have marked. I would be really courious to see what it looks like if you decide to do it. You know what---I'm going to do it for myself, right now. I'll let you know how it looks.

T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Another thought. Did you read my new article on the Fitbit Zip. A Review of the Fitbit Zip
It is really cool. The software tracks everything for you, food, activities, the works. It might be something fun to look at.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
That is a really great gadget to have. I like that the family can have competitions with each other. Not that I am into competition but it just makes it fun to do this together. It isn't cheap but you're right that the gadget can do so many things that it is worth it.

June 23: 2 mile walk!
June 24: 0
June 25: Yoga, 20 minutes

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Originally Posted By: Terri-Exercise Editor
Your doing good Lori. Have you thought of laying out a monthly calendar and write in all the times you exercised, or even just put an X. It's a visual tool to show you that you are doing more than you think you are.

However, in your case you will only have a few days that you won't have marked. I would be really courious to see what it looks like if you decide to do it. You know what---I'm going to do it for myself, right now. I'll let you know how it looks.

This is a GREAT idea! I will begin today. I have a nice calendar just for this job!

T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
It's so much fun. I've been using the synch software and I got an email telling me how much I had walked in a week. Wow--more than I thought. Maybe it was a month LOL!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
June 26: 2-mile walk.

I read your other post about that, Terri! Great job!

I'm finding that it's better to walk first thing in the morning. It's cooler and more tranquil. If I wait until later in the day or evening, all sorts of other things get in the way.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
I just can't exercise in the morning. I have an unusal schedule, cycle. I stay up late, 1:30 -2 am. I get up late, 9:30-10:30am. I've worked my entire schedule around this.

I like to exercise in the late afternoon.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
June 27: 1 mile walk

June 28: 0

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
June 29: 20 minutes of playing tag with little girls. Long dormant muscles that I never knew I had were activated. Plus, I fell down because my reflexes are slow and my center of gravity off.

I highly recommend playing tag as a way to get fit with friends.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, it sounds like fun. Too bad I don't have any little girls. I bet their are some around here I could borrow.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
June 30: 0 (nursing my poor, old, out-of-shape bones!)
July 1: 20 minutes of yoga
July 2: 2 mile meditation walk (yes, it's best to do it first thing in the AM)

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, yoga and meditation walk, how wonderful! I have a great book called "Breathwalk", by Gurucharan Singh Kalsa. It is about walking while using different mantras. You might like it. It's been out a long time so you could probably find it at the library.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I will have to look that up!

June 3: 0

I waited for an evening walk with my husband but we had an unexpected turn of events here and had to help a family member take a dog to get put to sleep. frown

All dogs go to heaven, right?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
What a sad evening. Yes, all dogs do go to heaven.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
July 4: 0
July 5: 0

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
July 6: 1 mile walk
July 7: 1 mile walk

smile Better!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Good for you Lori. I am afraid I am suffering from the "I don't have enough time" syndrome.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
July 8: 20 minutes of yoga
July 9: 1 mile walk
July 10: 1 hour of housework

It's raining today but I am feeling the need to get out there an walk. I watched Extreme Weight Loss last night and it really inspired me. If super heavy people can work out so hard without getting a heart attack or spraining an ankle, I should be able to as well.

I noticed that after regular exercise, how wonderful their skin and faces looked. They glowed. When I used to run (and not that far but just daily) my face glowed, too. I want that glow back!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, I think it's great that you were inspired. I'm kind of in that place right now, need inspiration. That's why I started the new thread on Short Bouts of Exercise.

Just a warning. I know they work those people hard on the TV show and I'm not sure how they get away with it. Please don't take on a program that is too intense. But I'm glad to see your exercising. Keep it up!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
July 11: 2 mile walk
July 12: 20 minutes yoga
July 13: 1 mile walk
July 14: 0 (pool swim but not laps)

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, I'm so glad to see that you are staying active. I hope your enjoying it. Keep it up!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
July 15: 20 minutes of yoga
July 16: 0

I am enjoying it but I need to make it a focus of my day and ramp it up. I need strength training as I am losing muscle mass in my arms and legs!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, I'm right there with you. I am leaving tomorrow for a 10 day trip and I'm not sure how I will manage, but my Mom has a recumbent bike, so that's good.

My strength training is so limited because of my shoulders. I never knew how much I depended on them. Anyway, there's some good articles on my site with strength training ideas.

I'm learning Tai Chi from an online video, but it is a good one. I am finding it motivating because it is something new.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Just returned from a mini-vacation during which a severe thunderstorm kept us indoors. But there were plenty of indoor walking opportunities in Vegas! So we walked and walked and walked and walked.

I will resume posting my daily exercise efforts tomorrow.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh and thank you, Terri, for those ideas!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, it sounds like you had a fun time exercising. I'm envious. Good job!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Wow, it's been a while since I posted here. So much has been going on. I have been in and out of town. Elder care. My husband got food poisoning and then an intestinal blockage. My daughter needed/needs aide now.

Anyway, an exercise work-out is not part of my daily routine yet. I sneak it in but it has not become a daily thing which it needs to be.

A new 24 Hour Fitness Sport is opening up in a few weeks; it will be right down the street and it will have a swimming pool. I will sign up with my daughter as she needs water aerobics due to her arthritis. I not only want the water but I need the weights.

Meanwhile, it's yoga and short walks for me. My knee still hurts but it has much improved!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, I am so sorry to hear about your family. I hope they are all doing better. You are strong to keep up walking and yoga. When you get back to regular exercise let me know and I will help you out however I can. Your own private personal trainer, from afar.

Bless you.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.