logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
K
yeah i agree with you..This movie is also one of mine favorite movie and i like to watch this movie again.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
kevin smith #699103 06/30/11 01:01 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, Kevin, I want to see it again. See if I can see any pointers that gave up the ending smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
That movie is horrible. First nothing is scary and the rest sucks. The third is good. The sequel is great. The first is excellent. Apparently they want to do a fift movie, I'll fo see it eventhough the fourth sucks, hopefully the next if they do one will not!

Nancy Roussy #814736 04/03/13 01:37 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Nancy Roussy
That movie is horrible. First nothing is scary and the rest sucks. The third is good. The sequel is great. The first is excellent. Apparently they want to do a fift movie, I'll fo see it eventhough the fourth sucks, hopefully the next if they do one will not!

What didn't you like about it Roussy?

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
N
N
Almost everything. The only thing I liked was the ending, that was actually a good idea but the script was horrible so that idea went nowhere. The worst is that it's not scary. The third was also not scary but at least the rest was good!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I see what you're saying Nancy, but some people would have found it scary. I thought the script was superb - it's one of my favorite scripts in the last few years - it actually brings to the forefront how many re-makes in horror we've had in the last few years and makes fun of the idea. It also makes fun of sequels and re-makes while creating a new post modern horror. I think Kevin Williamson is an amazing writer IMHO.
I think some of the scenes were much creepier than watching a gross out Saw film for example - but that's what's good about horror. Everyone gets scared about different things. I guess Scre4m was more about making a statement against these awful re-makes Hollywood keeps churning out smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
N
N
I actually thought that Scream 4 was an insult to Scream which remains to this day one of the best horror movies. I did not see that they were trying to make fun in that movie, I saw it that they were trying to do like they did with Scream. Like you said different people think different things are scary. I love thid first six Saw movies and hate the last (i see it as a slap to the face of the first movies just like i saw Scream 4 as an insult to its original). The last movie I did see that scared me was Insidious. Horror movies have been disappointing (for me at least) the past years.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
You see I hate the Saw films, apart from the first one (which still has a major floor in it.)
I don't see how a sequel is an insult to the original? What do you mean? I think a re-make is an insult because it's really saying we can do this movie better. A sequel is a different entity, and it was written and directed by the same ppl that did the first two movies. They were trying to say how a new audience would try to re-make the original film. How they'd change "the rules."

I personally don't find gore scary just gross - and that's what the saw films are primarily about, after the third film the plot becomes the same in every saw film. The cops are close to getting him and then get murdered in some gross and cruel way. I prefer the villains to pay rather than get away with it I suppose smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
N
N
If the sequel sucks then it is an insult to the original (if the original was any good...haha).

I agree with you about remakes. This is really a huge pet peeve of mine all these remakes. Remakes should only be done when the original sucked or could have been better not when it was well made and loved.

Reboots are sometimes okay. Like with Batman and James Bond, these reboots actually goes deep into the characters and the storylines.

As for the gore I mostly find it just disgusting not scary unless it has to do with the eyes then I freak out and close my eyes until it is done. When the movie is well done and depending on the script gore can make you think, Hostel for example made me think or the people falling victims to awfull crimes (Texas Chainsaw Massacre [the original] is another movie like that). Hostel 2 I saw the day before I had some fillings done and I kept thinking about people being tortured for real while I was in the dentist's office and that time was the only time I did not cry, scream and had a panic attack while having work done by a dentist.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I don't understand your way of thinking with sequels LOL - what if the second sequel sucks, but the third is brilliant?

I hate the new Batman movies, Tim Burton's Batman is the only one for me. Nolan treated it too realistic, he didn't care about the comic book or characters just making his film. And the new Bond movies are boring too - the worst insult to a film IMO is to be boring. There's no Bond girls, no gadgets, no one liners. Boring!

I really liked the two Hostel movies, though it was a shame the original hero lost his head in the sequel - though I loved the end of the second one - it was awesome smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.