Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
They say, you don't just marry the man/woman, you marry the entire family.

Although that may be true, how far do you go before boundaries are set in motion and what, if any were the consequences?

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Sometimes the greatest insight come from the simplest of reflections after..well, maybe disasters or heartbreak.

But I heard this and I couldn't have said it better and this is, yes, in fact after heart break, but not mine. Empathetically yes, though, so I get it.

Quote: "I'm tired of being around people that only make me feel badly about myself."

I'm not sure where this river flows, but just the words, when they said them, really put wasted energy into perspected. That's the best way I can put it.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Then, there is Elinor Roosevelt's quote: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

But most of us have weak spots in our character (low self-esteem, etc.) that make it all too easy for would-be attackers to hit our Achilles Heel.

I have written a book about getting along with in-laws. I am putting the final touches on it and getting it uploaded into our BOL system.

The in-law relationship is quite complicated. The best way to deal with it is to simplify it. Just love each other without expectation of return.

In this way, you will either wear them down with kindness or at the very least carry no regrets with you.

In my case, my own husband does not wish to keep in touch with his family. I have tried to change his mind but..."Never take down a fence until you know why it was put up in the first place."

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
And as for great in-law stories, do you mean good ones? Funny ones? Or those horrible ones?

I don't have any personal horrible in-law stories but boy, have I heard some doozies!

Here's a real but weird one: My sister and her husband took my parents on their honeymoon. HAHAHA. Seriously. My brother-in-law has endured so much. smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.