Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
G
Any suggestions for the best beach in Florida?

I love Daytona Beach as I enjoy walking on the firm sand and there is always a breeze.

Where's your favorite?

Gillian Birch
Florida Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I love the Keys, and there are only a few good beaches there, but my favorite is the beach at Fort Zach in Key West. Shade trees so you don't roast, sheltered swim area, nice facilities, and the Fort to walk to if you get bored.
Sombrero Beach in Marathon is nice, too. I always stop there on my way down.

G
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
G
Apparently St. Pete Beach has been voted the top beach destination in the USA by TripAdvisor, because of its "sugary-white sand
and dolphins frolicking just off shore."

You may find this book about the 20 Best Florida beaches useful:

20 Best Florida Beaches and Coastal Cities

Gillian Birch
Florida Editor
G
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
G
Every year "Dr Beach" publishes his Top 10 beaches in the US.This year 2 are in Florida. Read on to find out which beaches he chose, and why.

Two Florida Beaches are in the US Top 10!

Last edited by Gillian - Florida; 05/23/12 05:09 AM.

Gillian Birch
Florida Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
How are the beaches along the Canaveral coast? I am nearby and already saw Kennedy Space Center (loved it), but want to know if it's worth a trip out there for the beaches. I'm staying in Sanford.

G
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
G
Cocoa Beach (the nearest beach to Orlando)is just gorgeous. It has beautiful sand that is firm enough for walking, good surf most of the time, and a constant breeze.

Even closer to you in Sanford is New Smyrna Beach. You can drive your car on ($6 daily charge I seem to recall). It is quieter than Daytona and lined with beach houses rather than highrises so very pleasant. Very firm sand for sitting, walking, ball games and good for swimming if you like the challenge of waves, otherwise get your bodyboard out!You can hire all sorts of Surreys, bicycles, sea kayaks etc as well as chairs and umbrellas in the more popular spots.

The climate is perfect in Florida right now, so enjoy yourself Jilly!

Gillian Birch
Florida Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Well, yesterday I went to the Clearwater Beach on the Gulf, and that was really lovely. The water was an interesting light-blueish color, and the sand was white. White and powdery. It's not like that at all in CA, where my family lives.

I was able to walk a few miles in both directions from Pier 60 and enjoyed the firmness of the sand by the shore. I got some great photos, got to enjoy sitting in one of those half-dome shade umbrellas, and watched a storm come in. Then we sat at an ocean-front bar and watched lightning roll around as the sun set.

Lovely day, really.

I don't think I will be hitting New Smyrna Beach or Cocoa Beach. They just seem like more big wide beaches, like what I was just at, and like my So Cal beaches back home. I am hoping to find some small cove-like, intimate beaches with palm trees. I want to set up a hammock and hang out under the palms, listening t the water. Ideas?

G
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
G
Sounds like heaven! I have heard that Anna Maria Island near Bradenton Beach is idyllic as you describe, and recommended for honeymoons, but I've never visited. Has anyone been there?

I've covered a few others in my book:
20 Best Florida beaches and Coastal Cities

Last edited by Gillian - Florida; 02/09/13 05:52 AM.

Gillian Birch
Florida Editor
J
J
Sanibel Beach is one of the best beach in florida. Sanibel is a unique barrier island with east-west orientation that differs from the typical north-south layout.

**NOTE: new users are not allowed to add links/urls to their posts!

Last edited by Sadhana - Indian Food; 03/26/13 04:07 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.