Print Thread
R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
As Black women, something amazing and powerful happens when we come together and support one another. Coming together and having open, honest dialogue about our struggles has proven to be key in us overcoming and shedding our insecurities.

Unity Can Shed Insecurities In Black Women

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Dear Ruthe,
I am one of the few male members in bellaonline,do a lot of writig under the name
Loong or loongdragon in the buddhism section.
Ilive in french Canada,and people ,hate it when in a discussion ,I will call a black woman /man ,black.I am supposed to say african american.

I remember in a comment on Yahoo,a black man saying Beyonce was not dark enough to be called ,a black womanI answered him,you are a racist amongt your own people.
Also told him that there weredark white people to porcelain white like the redheads.

I live in Canada.My ex girl friend was a head hunter for a company,and she had orders
From her bosses,if the applicant was black,to throw away her application,however good she /he was.Mind you that's15 years ago.BUT I believe nothing has change

White people will tolerate a black person,as long as he/she brings him money.

I have had that on my heart for a long time.

I HAVE A DREAM
THE PROMISED LAND.Martin L.King has always been my hero even in front of
Buddha.
May you all enter the promised land ,one day,soon.

Loong
Buddhist

Koala
Koala
Dear Ruthe,
I am one of the few male members in bellaonline,do a lot of writig under the name
Loong or loongdragon in the buddhism section.
Ilive in french Canada,and people ,hate it when in a discussion ,I will call a black woman /man ,black.I am supposed to say african american.

I remember in a comment on Yahoo,a black man saying Beyonce was not dark enough to be called ,a black womanI answered him,you are a racist amongt your own people.
Also told him that there weredark white people to porcelain white like the redheads.

I live in Canada.My ex girl friend was a head hunter for a company,and she had orders
From her bosses,if the applicant was black,to throw away her application,however good she /he was.Mind you that's15 years ago.BUT I believe nothing has change

White people will tolerate a black person,as long as he/she brings him money.

I have had that on my heart for a long time.

I HAVE A DREAM
THE PROMISED LAND.Martin L.King has always been my hero even in front of
Buddha.
May you all enter the promised land ,one day,soon.

Loong
Buddhist

R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
Dear Loong,

Thank you for your comment.

Sadly, you are right: nothing much has changed over the years. Though there has been some inroads made; for the most part, things have come full circle, making it feel as though we are in the civil rights era all over again. But then again; it never really left.

I prefer Black men and women, but will use African-American at times. It is my belief that not every Black American is a descendant of Africa. So, my term for using Black.

There are many people among our own race that will say things that appear to be racial in context to their own race. But there has always been that seed of division since slavery time that continues to plague our race from within. It is something we must continue to confront and eradicate.

Once again, thank you for dropping in and sharing. It was a pleasure.

Warmest Regards,

Koala
Koala
Dear Ruth,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me.In my life ,I did not have many heroes.First ,my dad.Then of all men Martin Luther King,for his vision,for his faith,I often go on You tube to listen to :I have a dream.Icry every time.Then I have Buddha Gautama.As you can see by the order I named my heroes,he was
an inspiration to me.

Will surely come back to your group.

With deep respect
loong

R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
Dear Loong,

You are welcomed anytime.

Thanking you for sharing a part of yourself. I, too, was fascinated with Martin Luther King, and often find myself reading his speeches, and as well, looking at the I Have A Dream Speech. It moves me each and every time.

Wishing you all the best and much happiness and peace.

Warmest Regards,
Ruthe

Moderated by  Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.