logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Lori-Dreams
That is one of the hardest things for people to accept: Their own self-worth.

If they only knew their core value. Their astounding nature rife with all possibilities! They would never be so hard on themselves. They would be infinitely grateful for who they are: All powerful, all creative, all love.

My own journey to this discovery was rocky and painful, but here I am. smile

Isn't that something Lori,

Rocky and painful.

I always wondered why that had to be.

But I guess if I was not hungry and homeless and penniless in this journey, I would never appreciate the people who have been there also.

Every day, I almost allow myself to be tormented for being a nothing and a nobody.

Power, Money, Prestige seem to be the great striving of this civilization.

Yet, in being a nothing and a no one in particular, I serve the street people in a mom and pop 1950's style motel.

I had some plumbing work to do yesterday, and a real rough and tough guy and his girlfriend complemented me on the job.

He even started the conversation by saying, " I'm a nothing and a nobody, but I do plumbing for a living and you did a great job " !!!

How do you like that ?

I stand upon, " What you have done to the least of these my brethren, you have done it to me ".

I serve God, not street people because he lives in every single one whether they know it or not !!!

It made my day.

Love,

Burt B.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
What a fantastic post. You made *my* day by sharing this great experience. I love it.

Do you see now how vital it was for you to experience poverty and hunger? You said it yourself that unless you did, you might not have had the appreciation or the compassion for others in this state.

Be thankful you know what it is to be a nothing and a nobody. We all are at once nothing but yet everything. Nobody and yet everybody.

You serve God indeed as you serve everyone you meet.

Burt, I too have suffered from self-torment and self-hate. How could I escape from my tormentor when my tormentor was me?

It took remembrance. Remembering who I am at the core of my being. Remembering the God within and how all-powerful He is.

He has very different standards than society for what defines the value of a human being.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
quote=Lori-Dreams What a fantastic post. You made *my* day by sharing this great experience. I love it.

Do you see now how vital it was for you to experience poverty and hunger? You said it yourself that unless you did, you might not have had the appreciation or the compassion for others in this state.

Be thankful you know what it is to be a nothing and a nobody. We all are at once nothing but yet everything. Nobody and yet everybody.

You serve God indeed as you serve everyone you meet.

Burt, I too have suffered from self-torment and self-hate. How could I escape from my tormentor when my tormentor was me?

It took remembrance. Remembering who I am at the core of my being. Remembering the God within and how all-powerful He is.

He has very different standards than society for what defines the value of a human being.

Lori,

Words cannot express how grateful I AM to know, speak with and share a word, an experience and an expression with a fellow human being that knows who I AM within.

God forgive me, but there are so few on this planet who have such a self-awareness.

It makes me feel that I'm O.K. after-all.

Geeze, life really is eternal, and the peace and understanding I share with you even now is a stabilizing effect upon the entire planet.

Everything is recorded in the ethers via the subtle energies of Akasha.

Our road has been rocky because we inherited a collective sub-conscious sewer.

Every war that has ever been, every child that has been abused, every violent domestic relationship that there was or is now we feel and are connected to it.

Whenever there is the violence of fear and the violence of death it impacts us -- yes, you and me and others who are sensitive to life itself.

Yet, Life is Eternal and all accounts are exceedingly accurate.

" Every Jot and Tittle ".

Love,

Burt B.
P.S. I'm glad my post encouraged you smile

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
There are many like us who have such self-awareness. But instead of gathering together, our energies are better spent being among those who need to be reminded of who they are.

It can feel lonely but we are not alone, really. How can we be lonely when we are connected to the ALL?

Burt, you continue to remind me of important thoughts:

"Everything is recorded in the ethers via the subtle energies of Akasha." YES! YES! I forget how great this is! That is why we should never despair about our physical limitedness. Even our sincere thoughts can positively affect, influence and change the world. Yes, "the peace and understanding we share has a stabilizing effect upon the entire planet."

"Life is Eternal and all accounts are exceedingly accurate. Every Jot and Tittle." YES! YES! Yet man goes about seeking to disprove, discredit or deny what everyone else experiences. And therein lies the cause of earthly conflict.

Yes, you are ok, Burt. More than ok. You are perfect.

We are sensitive to energies, positive and negative. It is vital that I learned to draw the line between my true self with the earthly incarnation that is me now. The me now experiences, learns and then chooses what role(s) I will play here. Those role(s) aid my soul growth and the growth of others. The exciting part is now I see my true self coming forward into the me now.

I think that it is time for all of our true selves to step forward, don't you?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
"The heart is like a garden. It can grow compassion or fear, resentment or love. What seeds will you plant there?"

Dr. Ilyssa Hershey
Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Site
Mental Health Facebook Page
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH
"The heart is like a garden. It can grow compassion or fear, resentment or love. What seeds will you plant there?"

I have also heard that it is a cathedral and looks very much like the Gothic representations of the middle ages.

( Knowing that your heart really is as large and larger than these physical structures is quite a concept. It can only be accomplished through the understanding that consciousness is not limited to time or space. Scientists today have recognized 10 or 12 dimensions. Let's say that Love is so profound that visualizing your heart to be as large as a Notre Dame is quite an exercise in expansion ) !!!

I also think that Buddha taught it to be a " Jeweled Island ".

Sometimes fear comes unannounced.

I strive to put compassion there and warm glowing thoughts and feelings for all life everywhere.

Yet, like today, I feel like a scared rabbit.

No wonder they call it Bi-Polar -- Cosmic Dimensions and growth -- then ' wall flower ' fade away.

Go figure.

I think I dreamed about fighting with my brother.

But hey, coffee and time to wake up peacefully does wonders !!

Love is the drug I'm thinkin' of !! smile !!!

Last edited by Burt B.; 02/28/13 07:29 AM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
quote=Lori-Dreams Yes, you are ok, Burt. More than ok. You are perfect.

Only God is perfect, yet he lives within me and is me. That me is not perfected yet.

I think that it is time for all of our true selves to step forward, don't you?

I agree entirely. But how do you do this without getting beaten half to death, incarcerated, and/or institutionalized ???!!!

Forgive me, but that has been my experience as a male. Now, you women folk have just as much of a challenge bringing your true self forward, and I could use some pointers.

Spring is in the air -- pretty pastels !! smile !!!

Last edited by Burt B.; 02/28/13 07:42 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well, Burt, that depends upon your definition of perfection. There is perfection in imperfection. That sounds contradictory but it is a divine dichotomy.

The yin yang. Which side is perfect? Are they not perfection together?

That you have imperfections makes you a rather perfect human being.

And to Dr. Hershey, I'm sorry we hijacked this thread with unrelated topics. frown

Back to mental health quotes!

“My therapist told me that I over-analyze everything. I explained to him that he only thinks this because of his unhappy relationship with his mother.”
― Michel Templet

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives."

~Henry David Thoreau

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I don't have any quotes but always wondered why the majority of marriage therapists are divorced ??

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.