Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I decided to start a thread on when i take meds and for what. I've been really good on taking my daily meds the last few months, and for that I am grateful.

Today I took an As Needed Ativan. There are just too many people in the house for too many days in a row, and I feel like I can't breathe. They are having fun, laughing and watching TV, bt they are always there, occupying the living room. I have to pass through them to get to the bathroom. It's got me very anxious.

Being around people too much is one of my triggers. My wellness plan says I can do several things to try to alleviate this: taking an ativan is one of them. I can also try taking a shower, going for a walk aroud the block, holding a stuffed toy, or do yoga. I think I will do a combination of these things.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Jilly,
I think it is great you have a wellness plan with a list of things you can do when feeling anxious/stifled.

Dr. Ilyssa Hershey
Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Site
Mental Health Facebook Page
Koala
Koala
Dear Dr .Hearshey,

When you studied in the university you went through,did you ever encounter,
Terror nightmares?
I have those for few years now,every nite.What I could find on them through research
Adults rarely have those.

Do you know of a treatment for this disorder?
Also have Klein syndrome,and lucid dreaming.Quite a nut job.
Important you should know even with these,I live a fantastic life,filled with happiness as soon as I wake up unless I have klein attack,then have to stay in bed and sleep.

But the most important are those terror nitemares.

Thank you.

Loong

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Loong,
Yes, I did. Night terrors are seen mostly in children and most children grow out of them by adolescence. You are right, it is extremely rare for an adult to have them.

Night terrors may be associated with an underlying medical condition. You said you have Klein syndrome....Is that Klein-Levin syndrome?

Stress or anxiety can also contribute to sleep terrors. The treatments include medication, cognitive behavior therapy, hypnosis, biofeedback and/or relaxation therapy.

Dr. Ilyssa Hershey
Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Site
Mental Health Facebook Page
Koala
Koala
Dear Dr,

It is Klein Levin syndrome,as far as cognitive behavior I was diagnosed 6 years ago with atheriosclerosis of the brain.
due to past abuse of alcool and valiums for 8 years.I had all the scans available ,Dammage to part of my brain,black neurons grey ones.My biggest problem is cognitive memory.
All my past I have almost forgotten.So I am living with a damaged brain.Oh I must not forget ,Open heart surgery 16 years ago one chance of survival.After that ,4 more interventions on my arteries.The last one was to unblock my main bypass that was 16 years old.This is a genetic problem in my family,
regular heart but the arteries are to small and are blocked ,my system doing 3 times ,you see i can't find the word right now,
Sorry the word does not want to appear.Got it it's back Triglicerides.

Quite a case.

However Buddhism keeps me in a very happy state ,even with a
body and mental scrapyard.By the way clean and sober 36 years.

Thank you .
loong

Last edited by loongdragon; 02/08/13 07:43 AM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yesterday I ended up taking an ativan unexpectedly. It had to do with traffic, which is one of my triggers. I just wanted to cut off the trigger before it got me to the point of being unpleasant and irritable, since I was on my way to a lovely beach with Dan, and didn't want my issues to ruin the day.

it worked fine, and I ended up having a great day, being very calm, and even happy when it started raining on s at the beach, several miles from the car.

Anyway, I've noticed that if i can keep an eye out for my triggers, I can often fix things before they turn into meltdowns.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Last night i ended up taking an Ambien for sleep. I try to not take those, but my brain wouldn't stop racing.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I took Ativan for sleeping this morning, which I don't usually, but i could not make my mind stop racing, and I wanted a break from the ambien.

Today i took TWO ativans to stop my mind from stressing about all the things i had to do today, and to get thinking about ready for leaving FL. I don't want to leave, and I have four days left to get everything else done that I want to do.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Oh, and i wanted to also add that i am discussing my overdreaming here. In this thread in the dreams area, i am talking about how I think my Busparone/Buspar is giving me a dream disorder.

Anyone with similar issues, please chime in.

Koala
Koala
Dear Jilly,

I overdream too.It has been like that for 15 years,due to meds for my heart,and others.
Never forget that all that chemical substance mixes a brain pretty fast.
As far as Ativan is concerned.it is highly addictive.I know.

Take care of yourself my dear little friend.

Your friend
loong

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.