logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Lynn, (your sources still do not appear; "Object not found" is what appears when I click on your link)

I've never seen impartial studies that show that in EQUAL circumstances, women make substantially less than men. What I think is happening is that while the same "pay gap myth" keeps regenerating without any real evidence, there have been so many articles that have disproven it that they don't want to keep reiterating the message. But apparently, some people still desire to believe it.

This article is from 2002, but it is yet another example of why those figures are not interpreted correctly. It's by the "National Center for Policy Analysis."

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba/ba392/

From a year ago, an excellent article by John Leo, editor for US News and World Report:

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/johnleo/2005/03/14/14792.html

An excerpt: "A new book, Why Men Earn More by Warren Farrell, goes further, examining a broad array of wage statistics. His conclusion: When reasonable adjustments are made, women earn just as much as men, and sometimes more."

and

"Some of Farrell's findings: Women are 15 times as likely as men to become top executives in major corporations before the age of 40. Never-married, college-educated males who work full time make only 85 percent of what comparable women earn. Female pay exceeds male pay in more than 80 different fields, 39 of them large fields that offer good jobs, like financial analyst, engineering manager, sales engineer, statistician, surveying and mapping technicians, agricultural and food scientists, and aerospace engineers. A female investment banker's starting salary is 116 percent of a male's. Part-time female workers make $1.10 for every $1 earned by part-time males."

and

"Surprisingly, Farrell argues that comparable males and females have been earning similar salaries for decades, though the press has yet to notice. As long ago as the early 1980s, he writes, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics found that companies paid men and women equal money when their titles and responsibilities were the same."

Again, for a good starting place, I'd highly recommend Christina Hoff Sommers' book on how many groups are convincing many unaware people of just how bad life is for women in the United States when nothing could be further from the truth.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Actually it is very simple. Go through the same training, start and end your work days at the same time while having the same amount of breaks, have the same vacation time, do the same work and retire at the same time. Then it is equality and you deserve the same pay as the men get. I get called a traitor to my gender and I received many insults everytime I say these things but it still remains the truth that equality is not only with the pay and benefits but also with everything else that goes with every jobs! And as far as children goes it is not the responsability of your boss or anyone else to take care of them, it is yours!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.