Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Angie,

I live in a part of the world where we do not get snow except on very rare occasions (like three or four times in 60 odd years!)

Like living in the north African desert regions in the heat, or 'snowbound' northern Scandinavia etc. I guess that person born to those weather conditions knows what living in them means from season to season.

Here we are so spoilt that we complain big time when the temps dip to 14C. We don't dress for 'the temp' or the cold, then grimace when the wind blows! Must say though, temps were really high for summer Jo'burg today - 34c-36C, it really was a day to keep cool inside.

Ah well!

Cheers now,

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Whew 34c-36C is warm. I always think of 21C as perfect weather so 34C would be pretty HOT.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
It wasn't supposed to snow today, but it did. At least the tempurature inched over 20 degrees today, it's supposed to be almost 60 by Wednesday. Single digits to almost 60 in less then 7 days, weird...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yep guys, there is something certainly changing in weather patterns globally (Luckily very mildly in Johannesburg and surrounds)- even the trees get confused and are not sure on whether or not to drop leaves or come out in bloom. Our Jacarandas were blooming later this year and for some reason not in such profusion - or it may be that it was because I was not noticing until 'later on'

Our farmers have to plan very carefully these days too! Though that's just what I think only, as I have not spoken to anyone and I am not a farmer!

Cheers now

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
It's 36 now and the ice on the neighborhood streets is beginning to melt. If it freezes again during the night, then the roads will be very slippery.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Overcast with occasional drizzles. Perfect for watering the containers on the patio. smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Sunny but cold.....only about 30 degrees farenheit with a cold breeze. That is actually warmer than what it has been in the last few days. We had high temperatures around 16-20 degrees, with nights feeling like it was below zero with the wind chill factor. I long for warm spring weather and the ability to be out in nature without freezing. The cold can seem to get right into my bones and not leave.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Dear all,

Another concern during unseasonal rain and too much water is poor draining soils in small-space gardens and I am having to think about transplanting a couple of 'very old' rose bushes that are really taking strain and that I do not want to lose.

I will tell all how I solve this if there is a story to tell or something to be learnt but guess at this stage will 'just' replace the roses with some wet feet plant like American Pitcher Plants or so in containers so that I don't get caught again.

Do you have some suggestions for wet feet plants on your favourites list - please let me know if you do.

Cheers now

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 01/27/13 03:13 PM.

Container Gardening Site

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Heat wave at 39. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I hear that on Tuesday the temperature is expected to be 60. Winter one day and spring the next.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Lestie, the weather in Kansas has warmed up and most of our 20+ inches of snow has melted. Our backyard pond is full. The robins can find worms again; the snow made hunting for worms extremely difficult!

I hope that this has broken our drought cycle. Our parched earth needed the healing moisture.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.