Print Thread
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My daughter is suffering from post-partum depression, a very bad "case". - the doctor actually said birth-control pills would help to stabilize her. Has anyone else heard of this?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I haven't heard of this personally, but perhaps the regulating of hormones by taking the pill would be helpful, because a hormone imbalance can certainly cause many problems for the sufferer.

I'd be more inclined to have the doctor do a hormone test to see what imbalances are actually present before taking a pill. Low estrogen level pills are safer, but if your daughter is already low in estrogen this might be the wrong option for her. I mean, with all the options out there, how would the doctor know exactly which pill to prescribe if he or she does not know which hormones your daughter needs, and at what levels?

Last edited by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor; 04/20/12 04:31 PM.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
K
Gecko
Gecko
K
Originally Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
I haven't heard of this personally, but perhaps the regulating of hormones by taking the pill would be helpful, because a hormone imbalance can certainly cause many problems for the sufferer.

I'd be more inclined to have the doctor do a hormone test to see what imbalances are actually present before taking a pill. Low estrogen level pills are safer, but if your daughter is already low in estrogen this might be the wrong option for her. I mean, with all the options out there, how would the doctor know exactly which pill to prescribe if he or she does not know which hormones your daughter needs, and at what levels?

I have to agree, Debbie. That does seem a very haphazard way to approach it. But if you consider the fact that antidepressants are basically prescribed the same way, without any specific idea of what is going on chemically in your brain, maybe it's not so...strange. Just try this and that with this and that, until we find a "coctail" that works for you... I don't know. Maybe it will work. I hope it does. If not, they'll try something else.

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Gecko
Gecko
I have heard of mood stabilizers being used for post-partum, but birth control? I suppose there are different kinds - some that also help prevent acne, some that help keep the skin healthy, etc... Maybe the doctor is referring to a specific birth control pill?

diamond engagement rings
*www.encoredt.com
C
C
Hi Dianne, Never heard of this before but do share the treatment and progress of your daughter with other members as it might help others to deal with post-par-tum depression. Birth control pills have some side effects so do consult Dr before starting birth control pills.

C
C
Hi Dianne,

Never heard of this before but do share the treatment and progress of your daughter with other members as it might help others to deal with post-par-tum depression. Birth control pills have some side effects so do consult Dr before starting birth control pills.

NOTE: new users are not allowed to add links/urls to their posts!!

Last edited by Sadhana - Indian Food; 01/26/13 04:00 AM.

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.