Print Thread
#800431 01/13/13 02:20 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello there!

Some spices suit containers better than others...and ANISEED is one of them. Instead of ‘fresh off the supermarket shelf' spice, grow your own this time!

Want to ‘stir up some bodily lust?’ Ward off the evil eye? Flavour a medicine? Catch mice? Keep away a nightmare? Cure hiccups? All this and more. You can't and won't do too much better than get some of this dainty herby spice in your life.

Don't want to add yet another container? Well, by visiting the Container Gardening site, learn more about why you should buy Anise seeds - as we say, every well dressed kitched has them on hand; every savvy cook uses them too.

Comment and questions? Come to the forum and post.

Cheers now

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 01/13/13 02:24 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Everyone,

Have you ever grown this herb? If so, was it easy? Or are you a traditional only herb grower like the usual suspects - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme! And Basil. And Mint. And Coriander. And Garlic. And Ginger. And Chillies. And Chives.

Let's face it - there are so many wonderful things to grow that it's a tough choice to make about what comes next.

How many herb containers do you have? Will you be trying some Aniseed any time soon (like after the winter and Mr Frosty has gone?)

Cheers now

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello, it's me again!

Are you a cook? Have you ever cooked with or used ANISEED or Anise in your prepartions, party foods or salads? Do you have a favourite use or recipe? If you do not grow Anise then can you buy it readily from the food stores and supermarkets?

I look forward to your responses!

Cheers now

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 01/19/13 01:42 AM.

Container Gardening Site

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I'll have to give them a try this Spring - right now, here in North Holland it is below freezing and snowing lightly ...

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Susan and All,

Thanks for stopping by and that would be great to hear about.

I am mindful that it is the northern winter right now ... still, it is nice to know what plans can be put into place once spring springs (or whatever season follows for you). What's also great is that our new plans for 2013 still have a chance for more thought and planning, and so by default, what we're thinking of changing or introducing into our container gardens.

I was doing some research on making 'things' with anise seeds and later will post a recipe for some liqueur which I can't wait to try myself. Will also add a non-alcoholic cordial for others and children so hopefuly and correctly will say ... 'Watch this space!'

Here's to some changes for all of us for this Chinese year of the Snake!

Cheers now

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 01/20/13 11:18 AM.

Container Gardening Site

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.