Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I'm am definite that no one wants your germs! Your right though sometimes we are just so sick exercise is the last thing on our minds. It is best to listen to our bodies. If we listen deep enough our instinct will always guide us.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Today is much worst. I started the antibiotics yesterday during supper and I stupidly thought that it would be easy to chew (i cant swallow pills...until now i had no problems chewing pills) and oh boy that was a mistake, the first bite was like an explosion of awful tastes and then it was worst after I put water in my mouth, I'm still amazed at me being able to swallow that without throwing up (i put food in my mouth after and had to spit that out because i would of thrown up and i didn not want to waste what i swallowed) then last night and this morning I cut it in four and it went good (i took it with cake icing at night then an egg this morning). At dinner it went good (icing too then pizza) but after eating I had a panic attack. I thought I was choking to death and it also hurt in new places (it still hurts and still feels like something is stuck in my throat and im a little weak due to the attack). I'll take the next pill (with icing then soup or something) at 19:30 since I have an Hockey game at 20:30 (yes even thinking im dying i still dont want to miss my games..haha) and then I'll see tonight how I feel after the last pill of the day. I called the pharmacist and he said that normally we can see a difference after three days so if nothing has changed to go to the hospital (my next game would be Tuesday so thats doable..haha). If I feel like this tonight I could still exercise without problems but if it gets worst I won't.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy, how terrible for you. Your throat is probably traumatized and that's why it hurts. You may have even scarped it. The icing pill sounds good. I love icing.

Do you play hockey, coach hockey, watch hockey in person, or watch on TV? I'm anxious to hear your answer.

Careful with the exercising, don't over do it. We are all thinking of you and sending you lots of healing energy!

N
N
Hi Terri! Thanks for your concerns! I watch Hockey, the Dallas Stars is my team. I don't think my throat is hurt other than having an infection, if I really would be choking or it would be scarped it would hurt all the time or I will feel like that all the time. I think the pills (Apo-Pen VK) are starting to work. The throat pains are less severe and I think the tooth is starting to hurt less (i still dont eat on that side). I woke up with a huge headache and I will take some aspirins with some pasta after this (still havent taken any since im fed up of chewing pills). I took pill number eight not too long ago so thirtytwo left! I think it will take a while before I eat that icing again (butter icing...my second favorite), the taste it has while mixed with that pill is far from being good but it is really good as far as being able to easily and fastly swallow the chewed pills. I did do my exercise last night before my shower and it went well despite hurting almost everywhere.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
You have a lot of courage. Sounds like you are miserable but you had the willpower to do your exercise. Remember keep it simple and listen to your body, which I'm sure you already do.

N
N
Thanks Terri! I had muscle pain and low energy last night so the exercise was hard to do, thankfully it's one that is not hard and do not demand lots of energy plus it was only day twentytwo and you know how I do my exercises. Last night was the second night in a row that I slept well. I woke up feeling good (if you dont count the right leg cramp i got after streching before coming out of the bed) with no aches and no pain but during the afternoon I ate a few bretzels then I thought I had something stuck in my throat on the left then the left side of my neck started hurting so I stressed about that and I got a small headache out of it. I took another pill before coming here so now three days out of the ten are taken. The throat is fine now it's just the headache and some neck pain at the back.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I think you might need a good relaxation technique. I use this simple breathing exercise when I'm stressed. I like to do it lying down with my legs propped up, either on the floor with legs on couch or in bed using pillows.

=Find your favorite comfortable position
=Close your eyes
=Start noticing your breath, are you breathing fast, choppy, or smoothly
=You will want to slow it down
=Take both hands to your belly and place one on each side
=Take a deep breath, (just deep not forced) notice how your belly expands like a balloon under your hands
=Bring both hands to your ribcage, one hand on each side
=Take your deep breath and notice how the ribcage expands when you inhale
=Take both hands and place them on your chest
=Take your deep breath and notice the chest rising under your hands

Now do this in reverse:
=start at your chest and this time bring your attention to your exhale, do you feel the contraction under your hands as the air goes out
=Do the same thing at the ribcage noticing the contraction on the exhale
=Now your back at your belly. Feel your belly deflate with the exhale.
=Do a few more breaths using your hands and then breath naturally without the hands just being aware of the breath. The breath rises through your body on the inhale and flows slowly out on the exhale.
=Don't force your breath, let it be natural. You can do this breath as long as you want but try to start with one minute

This is called the Three Part Breath or sometimes The Yogic Breath.

Let us know if you give it a try.

N
N
Hi Terri! Last night I was alright so I did my exercise. I ended up in the emergency room of the hospital this afternoon. After my breakfast it was like I had something stuck at the left in my throat and one hour later it was still like that so went there to have it checked out. Turns out the doctor did see that it was red where it all started (the filling in a tooth with no problem) but the rest apparently is all in my head (i have a lump and my mom did saw and felt it so my mom too apparently is crazy because when the doctor said that nothing was wrong with my neck and throat i asked about that lump and she made a face then touched there again and said nothing was there...a neighbor called before i went there and ill go see her tomorrow if shes there and ill ask her to touch it and if she can feel that lump then thatll make 3 crazies). Anyways I did took my pill this morning and after coming back I took some ice cream then a pill with some soup, now I'll take the third of the day (i almost decided on only taking 3 today but i want to get rid of these things fast). She gave me a paper for some blood test (it has to do with the throat...she admitted that she could feel 1 thing there that might be bigger then it was supposed to when she was writting that blood test down...every doctors here seems to be incompetent!!). Thank you for that relaxation technique, I will try it for sure (maybe not tonight...ill try it when ill have some peace and quiet time to myself)!

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy, wow, what a horrible day for you. I hope you get the mystery of the lump solved and that is nothing wrong.

Keep doing that exercise and let us know soon how you are feeling.

N
N
Hi Terri! Today I have low energy and my infected tooth hurts more than it did before, as far as my throat and neck are concerned it hurts but apparently it's all in my head. My neighbor was gone today so I was not able to ask her if she feels the lump too. I was able to get an appointment for the blood test, I still don't know why she gave me that paper since she thinks it's all in my head! I did my exercise last night and it was hard, thankfully I went with a very easy exercise so I'm still able to do that while I'm sick. Tonight I may have the time to try that breathing exercise, when I will try it I will tell you how it went. Thanks for all your kind words, concerns and recommendations!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.