Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#801047 01/16/13 12:29 PM
DeboraD Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Moving is exhausting, stressful and is often a part of the retirement experience. Find practical tips to make your move easier, no matter where your journey takes you.

Any more good moving tips? How about tips for making a move-wit-family situation more successful? We'd appreciate your insight and experience!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
D
I used to be a military wife, and moving was a natural part of life for us. We had 5 children, and over the years, I have found some very helpful tips to make our move go a little more smoothly without losing or forgetting essential items. The first thing that I learned to make the move less stressful was to start packing items that we weren't using right away and wouldn't use until after the move first and place the boxes/totes neatly in closets of room they belonged in; or even neatly in the corner of that room. Second was to write a list of everyone from Doctor to Newspaper carrier, to notify of change of address. Besides the obvious, pack and label each box or tote appropriately, I learned that it was also helpful to number each as well. I also found it a lot more helpful in finding things by taking inventory of each box/tote. So, each time I labeled a box/tote, I marked a notebook as well. For instance, in my notebook, I had a sticky tab with Living Room on it, that is the page I used to organize my inventory for the living room. T-1, encyclopedias. let me know that the tote that was marked Living Room-1 had my encyclopedias in it. It can be time consuming, but it saves further aggravation later on when it comes to finding what you need when you need it.

D
D
Tips that should help during your move: 1. start packing things that you dont need. 2. dont used ordinary cartons or boxes. 3. clean the house once all the boxes transferred or taken away.

Last edited by Dolores Coleman; 05/01/13 02:26 PM.

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.