logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DDoc Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Dear Friends, I am Dave D., in Philadelphia, PA. I have a question about a single card reading. Looking for advice, comments, interpretations, etc. I am not very experienced with tarot cards. I've had a deck safe for many years, just a couple days ago taking them out again. The same time, I rediscovered a book or two on wicca/witches. One, "What witches do", - Stewart Farrar, I opened and started reading. I got through the first chapter about an initiation process... Later, I came home, had some glasses of wine with my fiancee, and then randomly, I took out the tarot deck, spread the cards out and told her to pick one... She picked the hierophant... then i picked one, I picked the high priestess... I was flabbergasted. It seemed so amazing to me that we would pick those two cards out of th entire deck (all card together). I'm not sure what it means or what to do with it... I know it's a strange situation, can anyone help shed light for me??? All/any help appreciated. Sincerely, DDoc

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Well the Hierophant and Priestess are both cards of spiritual leadership and personal growth. The Hierophant is often a more traditional sort. When I see him I think traditional religion, priests, rules etc. When I see the Priestess I think of a seeker who looks to knowledge, but comes to her own wisdom through more solitary practice. Both have a sense of duty to those who look to them for guidance, and both tend to be spiritually motivated in their own ways.

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

D
DDoc Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Dear Christin, Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your insight and words. If I could implore you further; I'm wondering in reference to my original question - what do you make of my fiancee and I drawing those two particular cards, in relation to our relationship to each other - being that we both picked from the same deck without shuffling between us (which to me, felt as though we were a unit, and which is why I feel the question has relevancy). Any thoughts you have are much appreciated. And I will surely look to your site for further guidance. Sincerely, Dave Doughety

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Were the two of you asking a specific question or did you have a particular focus or just picking cards? Since it was not clear to me that the two of you had a specific focus while choosing the cards, I merely shared with you some basic meanings for the two. Both are Major Arcana which would indicate that the two of you have some important lessons to impart to one another and that you can grow together as a couple and as individuals. Without a clear idea of what you were trying to ask or get insight with, it's hard to say what particular significance those two cards might hold for you.

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.