logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Hello everyone, just joined the site and am in need of some advice. I am trying to get to the bottom of why I've been feeling low and very stressed for the past few months but cannot begin to understand what is causing my occasional high and (what feels like) frequent low moments. Overall, I honesty don't think I have the need to feel low and yet it can get quite bad. For example - some days I will feel fine and then others, am so down that I cannot sleep and it just seems like I'm coasting through life with nothing to look forward to. Another one is stress when I can worry about anything and everything - even the slightest thing. This can lead to me pulling my hair out until I end up with massive patches on my head. Not sure what to do with this as my family tell me there is nothing wrong but I am so confused and don't know what to think. Any advice is greatly appreciated and I wish you all a Happy New Year :)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Louise, Welcome! I am sorry you are feeling this way. A few things come to mind while reading your post. First, you say you have been feeling this way for a few months. What has possibly changed in your life over the past few months or right around the time you noticed these new low feelings? Changes in relationships, jobs, health issues? Given this is recent, it could be that something, someone or an event could have been the catalyst. The other area I think is important to address is the idea that you are not sure what is making you feel this way. Many times the complexity of our thoughts and feelings about the world, ourselves and the people in our lives are not always on a conscious level so we think we have no reason to feel down/bad. Talking to a professional will help you begin to discover these deeper levels in order to understand what is going on for you as well as help you heal. Given the symptoms you are currently experiencing I recommend considering seeing a professional therapist. You can search online for one in your area. A few good sites are Psychology Today, networktherapy.org and goodtherapist.org. I hope this helps,

Dr. Ilyssa Hershey
Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Site
Mental Health Facebook Page
L
OP Offline
L
Helllo Ilyssa and thanks for the reply, I really appreciate you helping me with this. Since my post, I may have realised what might be causing the problems, although not entirely certain. I've been in a relationship with my partner for a number of years and more recently I have been subjected to aggression, being put down in front of others and in private and unhelpful / upsetting comments. Not sure what to do to help improve the situation.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Louise,
I can see how that situation would make you feel so badly.....
Since it sounds like from what you wrote that this behavior is more recent, I would wonder what has caused your partner to feel so angry. Many times the closest person receives the brunt of the anger.
You can try and have a supportive conversation and ask your partner why they are more angry lately and what may be causing that anger? It may have nothing to do with you. I would start there....

Last edited by Dr. Ilyssa-Mental Health; 01/10/13 09:27 AM.

Dr. Ilyssa Hershey
Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Site
Mental Health Facebook Page

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.