logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#794579 11/29/12 10:58 AM
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
I had a few dreams last night - really just snippets in the first couple I dreamed I was pregnant, I have these quite a lot and they are always comforting to me. In another dream I was naked in a room full of people and a little girl kept pinching my left nipple. I kept pushing her away, the last time rather forcefully, and my now-boyfriend looked at me funny. I said, "It's my body". Then it ended. The really strange dream to me was about my brother, a bath and a violin. I was running a bath, (location unknown), and I was holding the violin and bow in the running water and then I continuously put them under the water, like I was trying to get them as clean as possible. My brother walked in, undressed and got in the tub of water. I had my back to him, but it seemed completely natural for me to sit on the side of the tub and carry on a conversation with him. I think the dream ended only because the alarm went off. I should mention here that my brother and I are into music deeply and we are very close, even though we live in different parts of the country. He is a songwriter, guitar player and a singer in a band. I write songs, poems, etc., and have music and music videos playing most of the time. His CD is one of them I listen to at least once a week. Any thoughts here? Stacy

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi there, Stacy. Thank you for posting your dream! Pregnancy dreams are common. They are different from childbirth dreams however. I just posted two articles about childbirth dreams, in case you're interested!

I'm glad your pregnancy dreams feel comforting to you. That means that there is something wonderful incubating inside you! Believe me, some people dream that they are gestating a monster or something fearful so your comforting feeling is a very good sign.

Naked dreams also are common. All the other symbols influence the meaning of being naked. In your dream, being naked in a room full of people with a little girl pinching your left nipple seems to represent that during your waking life, you may feel as though people are judging you and that perhaps you're feeling pressured to hurry up and become a mother. You are resisting strongly and although your boyfriend finds this odd, you hold your ground that you are the one in charge of your body.

The fact that you have dreams that you are pregnant and they feel comforting to you signify that you know if and when you wanted to have a baby, you would. That somewhere within you, you are carrying the possibility. Actually, you are carrying around many possibilities and only one of which is a baby. You are the carrier and incubator for many delightful creative works of all types. And you know that you get to choose what to bring forth.

The strange dream about your brother, a bath and violin: You're subconsciously attempting help your brother let go of past difficulties and cleanse himself of old, unproductive or even harmful emotions and memories. The fact that you feel natural being around your brother when he is in the tub represents how close you two are during your waking life, that you both can feel comfortable and supportive when you're in your most vulnerable states.

Rinsing the violin and bow reflects how you cherish your "harmonious" relationship with your brother. It is very important to you and you work towards maintaining your relationship with him.

In addition, this dream can represent that the two of you are preparing to create beautiful, pure music. Some of his music might even be cathartic (cleansing) for him.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 12/01/12 04:11 PM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Thank you, Lori, this is such a comforting response; it brings tears to my eyes! Yes, my brother means the world to me - we are the only two children of a man that died 20 years ago, the day after Thanksgiving. My brother recently went through a life-altering experience, and we almost lost him. Thank you for making my day! Stacy

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.