logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I post on dozens of forums. Thus, I am stretched pretty thin. It is hard for me to become deeply involved in as many debates as I would like. I hope you understand. Time is of the essence. If you want to know me better, go to jimcolyer.com. I am a songwriter in Nashville.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Jim-

Are you really connecting a shooting in Wisconsin to our President? Are we to look back at all of our country's violence and link it to each President in Office?

On a separate note, my apologies for calling your statements racist.

Last edited by Yvonnie-Inspired; 10/21/12 07:50 PM.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Koala
Koala
To Yvonnie,

You should ask Mr Colyer,to read you a private e-mail,I sent him.
This might get me in trouble,but Mr Colyer is a racist,and I wonder how come ,on this strict site he is allowed to spit his
venin.I was reprimanded for less than that.Also I was clearly told by the owner that this site is not a site for debates.

In total agreement with you,however compassion pushes me to share his suffering also.

Hope love and Equanimity will find a way to his heart.

This is who he is (lady Gaga) and no one but him can change that.

With compassion and loving kindness

loongdragon

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Loong-

I hope that over time Jim will come around. His language has improved. So, maybe we are getting to him.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
On one hand, it is true that each topic area is meant to be a supportive, warm environment for people in that area. So the pro-choice area is about supporting people with a pro-choice attitude. The pro-life area is equally about supporting pro-lifers. We would not allow a pro-choice person to go into the pro-life area and start challenging their views.

Our Democratic forum is about supporting Democrats, and our Republican forum is about supporting Republicans.

With that all being said, the Current Events is specifically a forum for discussing current events. So it makes sense that discussion in here examines all sides of the issue.

The same overall guidelines apply here. Language should be encouraging of an intellectual debate of issues. We should avoid any personal attacks or name calling. We can address the issues from a logical point of view, without resorting to impinging the person who is behind a given view.

Absolutely we can disagree. That is the way the world works. We can disagree while still appreciating the idea that others hold opposing opinions. There are many paths in life.

I am always happy to discuss any of these issues at more length if people have questions about them.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
C
Shark
Shark
C
THis is a MUST see movie. Love him? Hate Him? Either way, this film does raise some interesting questions. Don't just rely on the newspapers, Media or anyone else- see the movie and THEN make your decision!

Cindy L Merrill
Koala
Koala
Dear Cindy,

First I do not rely on newspapers for my infos,I have other sources.Let us say I would write a book called about Romney's
America,would it be truer than the movie Obama's America.?

I wonder.

loongdragon

Koala
Koala
To all or none.

In a post I received at home,Mr Colyer,asked me if I was black for defending the african americans.

I am a wite french canadian,with blue eyes the color of the sky.
I used to be blond,now all my hair is white as snow,

Love for the humanity does not go with the color of the skin.
also loongdragon is my Buddhist name,my name given to me at birth is Normand Joly

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Gosh Loong, what a post to receive. Well what a strange thing to say actually.

Buddha's quote would have been a good riposte

"In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true."

It covers and is appropriate for everything not only east and west, from all our different personalities, weaknesses and strengths, cultures and of course colors.

And the USA has been just such a "melting pot" from the beginning virtually, while Germany is just beginning to become one. It is the way of the future.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.