I have done a ton of research on the Goji berry because of the amazing nutritional value of the berries AND the leaves. I continued with my experiments by ordering and planting a couple of plants. I staked them to six foot metal fence t-bars. They have grown very tall and have many shoots branching out causing it to become a beautiful bush.

As I mentioned before both the berries and leaves are edible. I mainly planted them to feed to exotic pets and birds. It will have to be fed in moderation especially to small exotic pets and birds. There is a somewhat moderate iron content which is the reason for the moderation.

I am working on an article on the Goji. Look for it soon. Or better yet, subscribe to the exotic pets newsletter then you won't miss the article! Newsletter subscribe Look to the right of the page under the two yellow circles forum and contact to subscribe to the newsletter. It is quick, easy, private and I won't bug you more than once a week unless it is a horrendous pet emergency.

Tell us what you have heard or have experienced with the Goji berry. Your experience is valuable!