Print Thread
Page 9 of 103 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 102 103
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I used my register rewards today and did relly well. I made a couple of mistakes and ended up spending almost three dollars, because the walgreens money has a lot more rules to follow than CVS money. I can usually get out of CVS without spending anything.

I did manage to use some product coupons with the rewards, which is great, but that also means you have to add more products to the checkout! I usually grab packs of ramen noodles to cover the extras, but then i go over a little bit in terms of money.

In any case, I was able to pick up a free $12 item using RRs; i got a Flat Fix It for my car. I have it now in the jeep with me in case i have a tire blow out (on the many dirt roads here). This makes me feel safer driving, and i would not have been able to afford picking this up without acquiring register rewards to do so.

The key is to buy things you need, but wait until there is a register rewards sale (or CVS sale) to do so. Then use the RRs on things you would like to have, or on the things that never go on sale.

I hope this is coming across in a way that makes sense. I don't want to write an article on how to shop at Walgreens until I feel i can explain the rules properly.

In other news, I did manage to only buy things at CVS today that would earn me Extra Bucks and I used a red machine coupon that gave me $4 back. So i spent nothing, got a bunch of things I needed, and earned another $8 in extra bucks for next week.

Hopefully next week they will go back to having the gas card freebies.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Do you need to spend money everyday? Then will you calculate everyday?

V
Wolf
Wolf
V
Yesterday I spend $13.50 on gas. The kids' have multiple activities everyday that they need taken to. It is too far for them to walk plus it wouldn't be healthy for them to be out in this heat for that long. Hopefully the gas will last me for 5-6 days.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Vintage! Yeah, gas is one of those things. It costs too much, but we need it to get around. It's really my hardest thing to budget. If I had kids I don't know how I'd deal with it. And yes, it is too hot to walk right now - you don't want to be dealing with heat exhaustion!

For me, i try to drive as little as possible, combine errands, walk when I can (when not over 100 degrees out - yuck), try to conserve the gas while driving (experimenting with hypermiling)...and stay at home a lot.

I also have a little errand trailer set up for my bike, but it is also too hot to be cycling!

Today I stayed home, like I do a lot, so I spent nothing. It's fun to work on eating up my perishable foods, instead of buying more all the time.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Bummer. I had saved up eighteen dollars, which for me is about all the money I have to spend in a month. And someone stole it out of my wallet.

I am grateful they left behind the wallet and purse, but that is low. Stealing from someone on food stamps with no income. frown

C
C
Sorry about the theft >:-(
It is pretty disheartening when things like that happen. But, maybe that person needed it more? Or maybe Karma will get him/her for being a meanie.
carleen

Carleen D Sanchez
Hispanic Culture
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It was a couple who I was telling about how nice the pizza was at the bar I was at. They also stole the menu, which is just weird. I hope my 18 dollars makes them happy.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I was really looking forward to picking up some Hot Spot, to get the urine and poop out of my fabrics here (the kitten I am taming has digestive issues). I also needed some containers from the dollar store. I could have gotten a whole bunch of needed things with that money.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, I feel better about the theft now. It could have been worse. Moving on.

I haven't spent anything all weekend. I didn't actually leave my property.

I have some errands to run in town this week, so I'll report on my expenses then.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay. I found out this week i have to use my debit card ten times a month to make POS purchases. Or i get a ten dollar fee. WTF?

Does anyone else know about this? I have Wells Fargo and have been with them since the early 90s.

In any case, I have been trying to make tiny debit card purchases. I am up to four. I bought - a 9 cent folder at walgreens, a decaf coffee, a can of cat urine enzymes, and a bottle of seltzer water.

This really is silly.

Last edited by Jilly; 08/01/12 02:55 AM.
Page 9 of 103 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 102 103

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.