Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 82 83
#775835 07/31/12 01:03 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Did you have any dreams last night?

Last night, I dreamed that I was upset because I forgot to bake my sister's wedding cake and the wedding was taking place that day. I was overwrought with frustration and anxiety...so mad at myself. I tried to come up with last minute solutions to providing a nice wedding cake but nothing was workable.

Then, someone told me that the wedding was the next day so I still had time overnight to bake and decorate the cake.

My interpretation:

In my waking life, I have been worried about my sister's marriage. She's been married for a very long time now but it's been hard from the start, and she's not very motivated to save it. In any case, I told her that I wanted to help her save her marriage and we planned to talk about it over the summer. But things keep coming up and the summer is half past.

But according to my dream, there's still a little bit of time left.

What a relief!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
One of my friends died the other day, and since then I have been dreaming about meeting a lot of my friends that I haven't seen for ages. Sometimes over 20 years. Whether this is astral projection, compensation, or a weird mix of the two, only time will tell.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, Ian. I'm so sorry to hear that your friend is no longer in the physical here with you.

Upon first glance, it would seem that your dreams about old friends sprung from your recent loss. Your subconscious mind could be prompting to see your friends before they depart this life. According to Freud, dreams like this are wish fulfillment dreams.

But knowing you, you could have astral traveled to visit with them in spirit. smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Hey Lori, I have read your dream and enjoyed it but after reading about your sister�s wedding I can say that there is still a little bit of time left..

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well I did pop over to visit when my Dad died, and then had it confirmed at a meduimship demonstration. Much to the surprise of the medium who clearly thought that you couldn't do that sort of thing. I was very impressed by the way he didn't allow his beliefs to block what he was receiving from my Dad at the time.

Hopefully this is the same sort of thing. smile

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes, it probably was. Especially if you felt it was. And I, too, am impressed that the medium didn't allow his own prejudices or beliefs to block the incoming message.

Our deceased loved ones do visit us in the dream realm. You meet them halfway when you visit that space during dreams.

Question for you Ian: Do you think that everyone is astral traveling during their dream state or is astral traveling while sleeping different from merely dreaming?

I have had a few experiences where it was as real as real is here when I spent time with the deceased.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Loving this thread right now.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I dreamt about being inappropriately barefoot, and of having only one shoe on.

What is that??

Last edited by Jilly; 08/01/12 05:47 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey, Jilly. This dream seems to reflect where you feel you are right now in your waking life.

Being barefoot *can* indicate a child-like state but in your case because you felt "inappropriately" barefoot, it more likely is a symbol of poverty or lack, feelings or worries of financial vulnerability. Also, your self-esteem is taking a hit in your waking life.

The fact that you have one shoe on has both positive and negative connotations: The bad news is that without both shoes, you are feeling off balance, off your game. Physically, emotionally and mentally.

However, the good news is that you still have on one shoe so at your core, you have what it takes to make great progress once again.

Do a little bit of dream therapy by using creative visualization. During meditation or just before you drift off to sleep, imagine yourself wearing the newest, strongest, most amazing shoes ever made and see yourself doing a dance, leaping over hurdles, running through beautiful terrain. Feel the wind blowing through your hair as you run and climb effortlessly to higher places to view stunning vistas. Conquer your mountain and feel your reward of being balanced and exhilarated! Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

Then, dream a little joyful dream...

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I talked about the practice of turning dreams into astral projection in this article. . I think that for most people the change in consciousness is so radical as to not be recalled on waking, or in the form of a dream.

The theory that the etheric body separates slightly from the physical during sleep to absorb universal energy (chi?) makes sense to me. It also explains why some people can have out of the body experiences during the deep relaxation and pranayama exercises associated with Yoga.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 82 83

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.