Here are a few news articles which may be of interest to you:

The Hindu discusses an increase in Indian women traveling alone and in groups in an article title "Travel Buddies":
"Women�s-only travel clubs are increasingly becoming popular amongst those struck by wanderlust"

MSNBC reports Rebuilt from ashes, Alabama temple rebuilds again after murder of its head monk:
"Once again, the peace at Wat Buddharaksa Temple has been shattered." After the BP oils spill in 2006 and a fire in 2008, "it is without its spiritual leader of a dozen years."

Trip Logic says to Ignite Your Travel Lust with this Travel Book Series to Dream By:
"The National Geographic Lifetime Travel Series that you are about to read about has been known to ignite travel lust! Reading said books has been rumored to cause large increases in time spent daydreaming, insatiable urges to travel and a tendency towards smiling."

US Women have been traveling alone and in groups for a long time, as have their counterparts in many other countries, especially in the west. It's great to see eastern and other parts of the world starting to emulate this. Travel is essential to the soul.

That's sad news from Alabama, that a community committed to peace and quiet has been shattered by violence. This incident, along with Virginia tech and other places where sudden inexplicable violence has occurred should concern us enough to more closely monitor those who may have mental health issues.

I love to travel, and in lieu of that, I enjoy reading about travel. I always research carefully before any trip. I enjoy other people's take on different places. I'll definitely have to check out these books from National Geographic, the first name in travel.

What are your summer plans? Care to share with us?

Nick Greene
Southeast USA