Here are a few news articles which may be of interest to you:

The Chicago Tribune reports that Orbitz launches new app as more book travel on mobile devices:
for "easier booking of flights, hotels and rental cars. As more people own smartphones, such as iPhone and Android-based devices, they're using them to book travel."

Winston-Salem Relish reports on Day Trips - Myrtle Beach has more than sand and sun:
This "South Carolina beach town has long been known for live entertainment with musical acts and bands."

According to WCTV, Summer Travel Volume May Be Greatest In Decade:
"Overall travel up 4.9 percent from last year�s Independence Day holiday; mid-week holiday and reduced gas prices contribute to increase in travel ..."

My smart phone is already pretty full of great apps, many of them for travel. I'll probably at least give the Orbitz app a try. Will any of my readers? Tell us about your favorite travel app.

I love Myrtle Beach. Growing up, it was the only place my family vacationed on a somewhat regular basis. When my wife and I first married, we could visit off season and stay oceanfront for less than $20.00 per night, which was great on our very limited budget. As more shows and shopping have been added, Myrtle Beach is now a year round destination. Do you have any great memories to share?

It may be true that travel will be up this year. I'm planning 2 different trips during the summer months. Some years we don't travel at all during summer. Generally, I prefer off season travel; less expensive and smaller crowds. What are your summer plans?

Nick Greene
Editor - Southeast USA

Last edited by Nick - Southeast USA; 06/21/12 01:05 PM.

Nick Greene
Southeast USA