Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Yesterday my BHW came over and we got another fourth of the patio cleaned up, and I am pleased to say there is now a visible hallway in the mobile! I got everything out of the hall, and then we spent the rest of the time ripping the carpet and carpet pad out of there. The 1970s carpet was incredibly gross. The pad was just as bad. There was so much fine sifted dirt in and under there that we had to wear face masks. Blech.

Then i shop vacced up the dirt and we tried to remove the carpet pad staples and tack trim. No go. Anything I put down on this flooring will just have to go over the whole thing.

We also uncovered two major holes in the hall flooring, under where the swamp cooler sits in the ceiling. There is a piece of lucite covering the holes in the floor at this time.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
More good stuff! Dan put down plywood over the hall floor for me - so no danger from the holes in the floor at this time. :-)

We also burned some more paper and burnables and moved the logs and kindling around to make it neater. So I now have a stack of logs, larger kindling and twiglike kindling. Plus the stacks of paper.

I also put some more food pantry stuff away and moved more books to shelf areas instead of just 'wherever".

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today we had gorgeous weather out so we took all the plants outside and put them around the porch. It made me so happy. I was able to do an hour of yoga amongst them. We've left them all out overnight - it looks like it should be fine for them for a few days.

Most of them did make it through the winter, although the three basil plants are a little crispy. The rosemary, at least, is its usual big bushy self, which is great.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Having a cold front blow in, so today I cut the ends off some empty gallon milk jugs and placed them over the new food plants i put in last week (strawberries and tomatoes).

Also, taking a look at what I need to do to catch up after traveling for over a week. Making phone calls, checking my calendar, setting plans.

Not unpacking yet. Too stressful when I just rolled in last night.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
A little annoyed that by putting plastic over some plants to protect them from cold, i ended up partly cooking them the next day! The gardening books don't mention that. frown

This weekend i cleared out another third of my large patio - it now has a seating area and looks clean. I used wood polish on the furniture, which helped. Everything is weathering really fast.

I also did a lot of hand weeding, mulch spreading, plant watering, food foraging and forum writing.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Changing out my bedding today, airing out pillows and blankets, adding a pillowcase cover i found for free at a food pantry.

I'd also like to do some produce chopping and dehydrating today.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Today I organized my calendar a bit, sorted some books on my new desk, cleaned up a bit in the kitchen and worked on getting things out of the studio that I don't use often enough to keep at hand. No reason the other things can't live in my shed.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
The last few days I have been organizing anew my studio, since it is purely my own space now. It will probably take a few months to get this where I want it to be. I am fine with it as a long term project.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have been working on my clothes cubbies and my food shelves. Still a long way from being done.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jilly -

It's wonderful that you're taking things and appreciating the progress that you're making! It sounds like things are coming together nicely. No need to rush - you have plenty of time.

My office seems to always be piles of books. I am making some progress on sending those off to editors, so that makes me happy. I still have stacks of computer games that I intend to list on Amazon. So I need to work on that at some point.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.