Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I asked just about the wedding itself, how that would go. I got the Hierophant which seems appropriate.

The Hierophant

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Fascinating, I drew to ask how my upcoming launch of my medieval novel "Badge of Honor" next week would go. I drew the Seven of Pentacles again! There must be certain cards I am just in tune with.

So what I'm doing is printing out these PDF files and putting them into a three ring binder. The empty space on each page is where I make notes about each actual drawing I've done with that card, and what it meant. So for example the page for Seven of Pentacles now has two notes on it, from the two drawings.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
LOL this is just too funny. I did a drawing for my sister, whose birthday it is today. I'm trying to get a fourth unique card to make for today. I drew the ten of cups! Again! After a full shuffle! That card is like a magnet smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I finally was able to draw a unique fourth card to finish up today's set. I was doing a drawing about my father, who is a Taurus and strongly identifies with his sign. The card I drew was the King of Pentacles, which features a bull! And he is financially secure.

Fascinating. I'll try to do four more tomorrow.

UPDATE: Forgot the link - King of Pentacles

Last edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames; 04/17/12 01:36 PM.

Low Carb Forum
C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Aw the ten of cups is a great card for a couple just starting out love that! I noticed you're drawing a lot of pentacles so you must be in the process of really manifesting some new things in your life at present that will hopefully continue to reward you in the long run. I'm definitely going to take a look at this deck of yours when I am more awake in the morning wink. We've been rehabbing a kitchen all day today and I'm beat!

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
How are you shuffling the cards? When I do a reading I fan the cards out, backs up, then pick up the cards from the reading in a random manner and insert them backs up into the fan with at least three cards space between each. Then I split the pack in two and riffle shuffle it back into one and repeat a few times. If I have used a lot of cards and I can't do the insertion with the three card gap between cards, then I do it as far as possible and leave cards out while I do the riffle shuffle. Then I fan the cards back out, put the remainder in, and repeat.

This stops clumping of cards from the previous reading and seems to help imbue the pack with Chi and synchronistic 'energy'.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Ian -

I talked about shuffling in the "quality of decks" thread - I do it *very* carefully since the deck is 30 years old. So I don't "riffle" or bend the cards. I carefully lay the decks side by side and then "push" them into each other shaking them so they intermingle. I do that several times while I think about the question. I cut it several times too.

Remember that I'm only drawing 1 card for this project. I just take one card out to concentrate on it. So I take out that one card and do my evaluation of it. Then I put it back in the deck and shuffle it a ton. Then I draw the same card out again somehow!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I decided yesterday to do a project where I contacted all previous BellaOnline editors who I still had contact information for, to offer to do free promotions for them. We have an Alumni page and I wanted to make sure we were sending traffic to all previous editors who were interested in it.

The link is here -

BellaOnline Alumni

I asked for a card to see how these editors would respond to being contacted. Some had left many years ago - maybe they'd be annoyed at my message, thinking it was spam? But I drew the Queen of Pentacles, a card of nurturing -

Queen of Pentacles

And sure enough, I've received a lot of happy messages back! I'm so happy, I'm glad the previous editors are finding joy in their new lives and think back on their time with us with pleasure smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK this one is too funny. I was asking about the monthly writing group I've been running for several years now. We have done exceedingly well - several of our members have gotten published and it's become a wonderful support system. So I drew the World card -

World Card

It's surprising how differently I interpreted this card from the "stock interpretation" - and also how differently the card is drawn from other decks' versions. In my deck it seems very somber and almost war-like. That's how I've always interpreted the card. But looking at other interpretations of what the "generally accepted interpretation" of this card, it supposedly is blue skies and angelic cherubs and so on. I don't have any of that on my Aquarian deck card! So that's quite intriguing. Maybe back when they made the Aquarian deck they were much more cynical about this card's nature.

And it's interesting that both meanings do apply to the writing group. There are definitely different contentious factions in the group, which is my interpretation, but they come together to form an overall great experience.

Last edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames; 04/17/12 02:13 PM.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Next was the King of Rods. Again it's fascinating how some cards differ fairly wildly from deck to deck.

King of Rods Mine looks fairly "defensive" in studded helmet and leather cloak.

Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.