Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Water is the only compound on Earth for sustaining life to exist in liquid, solid, and gaseous forms. Each of these naturally occurring conditions are vital to sustaining animal life.

Read Further: Clean Water for Healthy Animals

Clean water is more than a right. It is essential to life.

Last edited by Deb - Animal Life; 03/22/12 02:11 AM.

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
yuck. what is that?

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
That is a tailing pond. To extract bitumen from Tar Sands (or any other fossil fuel) freshwater (needed for survival) is used in combination with numerous chemicals to extract the sludge. More chemicals are used to thin the sludge so it can move through pipelines. The unwanted byproduct is then "flushed."

The chemical cocktail left over is unsafe to drink - and is argued that it is unsafe to even be exposed it. The toxic water then seeps into other water sources, as that is the nature of water. It carries the toxic composition into areas not considered 'reserved' for tailing ponds, spreading contamination. One could liken it to nature's blood transfusion system.

Fossil fuel use is not sustainable, which we have known since the beginning. However, it was considered "cheap energy." However, knowing what we now know it is impossible to consider it thus. Aside from the monetary cost, it is warming the planet, poisoning the water and air, creating illnesses, and causing extinction. What civil mind finds that price cheap?

Politicians are only focused on their backdoor deals for personal gains. For the American XL situation, to continue on this path leads to ruin. Whereas Green energy creates jobs for all skill levels, reduces negative ecological impact, and protects natural resources actually needed to live - like water.

Germany has grabbed the fossil fuel addiction by the horns and said enough, while America kills its Green Energy bill as not being cost effective ... these are words that should sink in and make people want to take action. Not Cost Effective. Really? That's the pitch?

Germany invited countries to come and view the renewable energy efficient town of Feldheim to see how it can be done. Not one American representative even bothered to show up.

Here is the article that Francine, the German Culture editor turned me onto: German Energy Revolution

For those who believe that we do not have the technology check out the Animal Life blog site and Test Your Knowledge. See if you can answer the 3 questions correctly before looking at the answers. The differences may shock you.

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
Gecko
Gecko
This is a really informative article about the importance of clean water.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
N
N
Petitions two, three, four, six, eight and nine are closed. Petition nineteen I cannot sign. Petitions one, five, seven, sixteen, seventeen and eighteen signed. Thanks deb!

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.