Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
Hi, So I am helping organize a local pagan meet and greet and I am trying to think of some ice breaker questions / activities any suggestions?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Having just looked at your excellent artwork site perhaps some sort of art-related project such as crafting totems for the four quarters and using them in an eclectic opening ritual?

Where is it being held?

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
Fist off thank you checking out my art always glad to make a new fan smile
It will be in Columbus Ohio probably at a local park depends on head count.So far Iv' got it arranged as mid day a tea party potluck. Because food is always a great ice breaker.
I wan't planning on doing any ritual the first time out unless I get several request for one, But doing a group craft is a good idea. Thank you

The event is being organizing through facebook under the group Columbus Area Pagans. To avoid unwanted spam / problem people the group is by invite only so pm me (here at Bella)if you are interested.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks for the offer. I won't be able to make it unless some money floods in, or a fellow Wizards' teleportation experiments bear fruit, as I live in the UK.

Both the potluck and the group craft ideas sound good to get people talking and interacting. Sometimes spontaneous rituals do arise. Many years ago I attended a Solstice and Equinox Group that used to meet at various ley line intersections and do a loosely structured ritual. Almost every time passers-by would stop to watch, and frequently join in and then come back to the shared meal - usually at a local village hall.

Just smiling at the thought there must be a few photograph albums out there now with pictures of these events. I can just hear the comments when they are shown to family and friends - possibly even on DVD - with the owners saying something along the lines of

"This is the walk through Kingley Vale we did back in 1987. Here are the thousands of years old Yew trees. Oh! and this is the Pagans we came across doing a ritual. Yes that's your Dad sweeping the way before them with a traditional Witches broom, that's your auntie Madge helping with the fire in that cauldron.
Ooh! These are some of the pictures of the meal back at the hall where we went afterwards - first time we realised veggie food wasn't all bland and lentils.."

Terry Pratchett would have had a field day. Come to think of it who's to say he might not have based some of his characters on a viewing of one of those albums? :->

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.