Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
When I ask this question, I am talking about every arena of your health. How are you mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially? Talk about one or talk about all.

Me? Approximately 2 years ago, I discovered that I suffer with Candida.

Since then, I have become more conscious of my cleansing cycles, carb intake and de-stressing exercises. I am more aware of my symptoms and am making a more conscious effort to become 75% raw.

By becoming more aware of how candida affects my life, I have also become more aware of other things happening within my body. Truth is, I definitely feel that they are all interwoven (mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially).

I am well on my way to recovery and balance.

So, how about you? How is your health; mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and/or financially? I really want to know.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Mentally.....I am ok enough, but I am tired. I am predisposed to depression, but I battled it and won last fall and I am still doing ok.

Physically.....Like I said, I'm tired because I am not sleeping as well as I would like to be. A lot on my mind. I could stand to lose some weight but lately I eat better and I have been walking. I don't see the numbers going down but I do see my shape changing, which is good.

Spiritually.....Getting better in this area. It is a period of transition for me in many ways right now, and for once I am taking care of the inner me the best I can.

Emotionally.....Sometimes struggling. I just lost my boyfriend of 2 years last month. He died from a major heart attack at the age of 49. His health was not great but certainly nobody expected this. I lived with him, and so it is especially hard dealing with the loss, and now I have to make plans to move clear across the country to be with my family this fall. There's a lot to do and to think about, but I can't stay here in his in-law apartment forever, even though his parents are wonderful. I pretty much have to organize all my things alone (including my storage unit an hour away) because nobody lives close enough to me to be of help. I am overwhelmed and still hurting.

Financially.....Broke. I have been unemployed for some time due to a layoff, divorce and relocation two years ago, and also due to being my boyfriend's full time caregiver after his first heart attack a year ago. It is emotionally difficult to look for work but I have tried. There is not much out there, and I am in competition with a lot of other people for what I do apply for. It is frustrating.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Good Morning Cassie!

That IS a lot to take on. The state of your health seems appropriate, given your circumstances.

So, are you ready for healing? What if I told you that the Universe is conspiring to care for you and bring you happiness? The past two years have most likely been a transformation period, preparing you for this time in your life.

Where so you want to go with your life Cassie? That's the 1st question you need to answer. Take your time with this one. Think about the things that bring you joy. What do you really enjoy doing? What makes your heart soar? Are there certain types of people with which you prefer to spend your time? In what capacity do you easily give of yourself without regard for reciprocation?

That's a lot of homework, and it will start a newer course of balanced health.

Have a great day Cassie!

Please feel free to respond when you have your answers. I really want to know how you are doing. I want you to be in great health.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Hi Yvonnie,

Thank you for responding and for your kind words. I am ready for healing and I am working on my personal healing every day.

There are still many changes to come, so in effect the transition period for me is still in progress. I don't think I can pin down a direction to go in until after I move across the country and settle down near my family. I need to feel grounded again, and I will be living with my mother. She has a way of making me feel like I am at home.

I have a lot to do between now and then, and a lot to do once I am there to find work and a place for my horse to live. I have two horses now, but I am pretty much forced because of finances to give one up soon. I hope I can still keep one in my life because being with horses is where my true passion lies. It is during those times that I feel most connected with myself and most like how I was meant to be. And I can talk with horse people all day long. Once I am working I need to save up to be able to pay for transport to get my horse home with me.

As for everything else you mentioned, I can't even begin to consider that right now. Most of my energy is used for just trying to get through each day and to deal with my sadness over losing my dear love. I am needing this alone time to grieve and heal. I know it will take time. The rest of my energy is used for taking care of my dogs (thank God for them because they make me get out and walk), and going through some things in preparation for moving.

I want and need a job for now at least part time, but my energy level for searching has been nonexistent. With each week I feel a little better so I know I need to resume the search very soon. It is yet one more hurdle I need to try to jump.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Cassie-

{{{smiles}}}, {{{hugs}}} to you.

Unknowingly, you did answer each of the questions I presented to you for homework. These are the answers I heard...

Where do you want to go with your life Cassie? That's the 1st question you need to answer. Take your time with this one. Think about the things that bring you joy. What do you really enjoy doing?

You really enjoy being with animals (and mom).

What makes your heart soar?

Horses.

Are there certain types of people with which you prefer to spend your time?

You like being around horse people.

In what capacity do you easily give of yourself without regard for reciprocation?

You give to animals without regard for reciprocation.

I feel so warm inside when you mention the animals. I hope your new found job lands you in a position with horses and dogs and other animals that can benefit from your compassionate energy.

May your heart heal without a scar and your horses remain in your care. May you step onto this new path with energy, vigor, and love. The light around you is bright.

In Balance,

Last edited by Yvonnie-Inspired; 02/27/12 06:14 PM.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Balance.......that is what I am striving for. I am allowing myself some time for healing, and I hope that after I am settled from moving this fall I will find some renewed energy to embrace life.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
D
Shark
Shark
D
Hi, Yvonnie.
I ask myself those questions frequently. I have dealt with the loss of vision for 10 years now. I know it seems like a long time to deal with an issue. But when it dominates every facet of your life then it is a lifetime struggle.
I can say I have learned how to adjust and change to my situation. I am happy and doing fine. With a lot of courage and determination I have faced my struggle and feel I am growing. Great thread. Hope you get lots of responses.
Wishing you all the best. Your friend. Dean

Dean Ingalls, Vision Issues Editor

vision issues homepage

vision issues forum

Remember to sign-up for the Vision Issues Newsletter to get weekly updates!
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Dean-

Vision issues (like other health issues) are really difficult, I imagine. My husband suffers with Keratoconus and is considering having his corneas replaced. We've been together well over 20 years and I still do not understand the severity of his symptoms and disease. He finds it hard to explain his symptoms in a manner that most can truly understand. In turn, I feel that I may not have been as supportive, over the years.

I am so happy that you are writing about Vision Issues. It provides awareness and support to those that are suffering and those that need to support them. Furthermore, it allows you to continue teaching.

So, Dean, what is the one thing you miss seeing most? How do you indulge in that idea (the thing you miss seeing) now? How has it changed for you; more intense or less appealing?

What path in life called to you when you had sight? How has the call changed since you have lost sight?

Looking forward to your answers...

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
My husband and I are both 61 and at our age, health issues pop up. However, I see these as opportunities to get on a higher, better path.

I've had a condition for the past 5 years which causes constant tingling all over my body, as if it fell asleep and is waking up. None of the doctors I've visited have a clue why this is happening so I decided to create a health plan for myself which includes yoga, tai chi, green smoothies and a very good diet (just lately gave up meat and gluten) and meditation.

Without having this health situation, I wouldn't probably be doing most of these things, which are good not only for my body, but my spirit so I remind myself to be grateful for having this to put me on a better path and keep me there.

Another thing I've done because of having this is to blog about natural remedies and proactive things people can do to create better health for themselves, regardless of what issues they are facing. There are lots of inspirational stories out there, plus books and programs on self-healing that can lead to great improvements in mind, body and spirit.

Last edited by BoomerGal; 03/05/12 09:52 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
For me:

Financially - on a holding pattern for now, waiting on SSI to come through. Living frugally is fun, though.

Emotionally - this is hard. my husband is leaving me April 10th. Sometimes I start crying over nothing, even though i know it's time for this relationship to come to an end. I do have my meds to control anxiety and depression, though.

I am also feeling sad about the amount of things i need to do to have my life in order.

Spiritually - doing okay. I want to set aside more time for meditation and yoga, but i do get out and walk a lot, and i consider that spiritual time.

Physically - mostly okay. I plan to start running again once Dan leaves here. I am working on getting enough nutrients and fiber and healthful food in my daily plan.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.