Next Thread
Print Thread
#743052 01/26/12 09:40 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I know that change is good, and that it's good to be shaken out of your comfort zone smile

Still, I really enjoyed my previous yoga instructor who was calm, supportive, happy, and relaxing.

The new one is Russian and is more of a drill sergeant. "You will relax! Relax now! Into savasana!" I find it hard to relax under that situation.

Also she is more into push-ups and similar exercises, which I don't enjoy that much. I like the gentle stretchy flowy stuff.

Does anyone else hit this issue when instructors change?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes. I've experienced different kinds, and find its a matter of finding the right instructor for what you are looking for in yoga.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I wanted to report back in - I just haven't gone much to this yoga class now. It is primarily because of that instructor. I think I have come to accept that what she offers is not what I want and, even though it's "free" (included in my membership) I would rather spend the hour doing yoga on my own.

Which is a shame, I think, but life has its trade-offs.

Low Carb Forum
Elephant
Elephant
I don't like the militant types either but I also don't like those hippy granola tree hugger types (what some call ceiling surfers cuz they're just no grounded). I like a balanced instructor who is easy going and fun but who is also good with instruction and with helping you transcend the mat.

Yoga isn't about achieving poses or relaxing or stretching or what most people think it's about but it's hard to find an instructor who is really in tune with what yoga is meant to do.

That is why I stopped going to studios and started just doing Shiva dvd's. I've accomplished more in the last 4 years practicing with her dvd's than I ever did in studios. I can actually meditate now before or after a yoga practice and more often when I practice I feel a freedom I never felt before (mental, physical and spiritual). I never got that from any instructor or studio practice.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I never did go back to that instructor. She was just that much of a non-fit for me. Which is a shame.

I don't tend to use DVDs any more either. I know what routine I like to do, and I do it at my own speed on the back porch. That way there's no TV screen to look at - I am simply out with nature, and the hummingbirds, and the flowers. So that's what works for me.

However I do appreciate feedback, and I wish I had a human watching me to provide advice and suggestions. I always feel there is more to learn, and more that I can improve.

Low Carb Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.