logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#376356 02/17/08 09:10 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Sometimes we can't get away for a little romance. Romance at Home is this week's article. What do you do to spice up the romance at home?

Shannon Hurst Lane
Romantic Getaways Editor
http://romanticgetaways.bellaonline.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
This is a great article. My husband and I enjoy just getting away to the city next door and having an overnight stay. Just being away from home away from the everyday responsibilities makes us feel like we are miles away from home.

My Blog

Deal with yourself as an individual worthy of respect and make everyone else deal with you the same way.
~Nikki Giovanni~
S
Shark
Shark
S
I liked this article, it gives easy ideas for romance..I suggest we keep it going. The idea in the article was great...but only one idea. Two examples of what I have done for my betterhalf in the recent past:

1. Throw a picnic in the house.
She had been depressed lately about the cruddy weather and her inability to go out and do stuff outdoors. I made a meal, packed everything up in a picnic basket, and was ready and waiting for her at the backdoor when she got home from work. She was very opposed to the idea of a picnic, because of how bad the weather was, but I finally convinced her to get into the car. I drove once around the block, parked back in the garage, and took her inside (btw at this point she truly thought I had lost it).

The living room was setup with your standard checker blanket, two lounge chairs stolen from the garage (even with a spare UV lamp from a turtle tank to add our own sun, had this hanging from the ceiling) I found a good "scenescapes" channel on TV (the one that play outdoor style music) and we had our dinner. Afterwords we curled up on the blanket together and taken some black construction paper, poked constelations into it, and used that same uv lamp from earlier to display a star scene on the celing. All in all it was a nice evening.

2. Dinner for two...
I got home early from a family trip ( I had been gone for about 2 weeks, and got home 3 hours before I was expecting too)
I seperated our kitchen and dining room completely with sheets so that you couldn't see in too what I was cooking. I made steaks, garlic mashed potatoes, pasta (can't remember what kind). I had her favorite bottle of wine chilling (and a bottle that I was willing to drink as well) and the table and that entire end of the house setup with candles. The table was set and I was about 15 minutes from being ready to serve when she pulled in the driveway. There was a rose waiting for her by the lightswitch in the garage, just to throw her off guard. When she opened the front door, I was waiting with a dozen roses, all dressed up in a suit. I let her know that she had 20 minutes to go get dressed for dinner, gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and dissapeared behind the sheets.

She cried a bit, but dinner went wonderfully, and it couldn't have been pulled off any better if I had tried.

Skeeter

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Great article! It's probably a great way to let off some steam after a hard week at work. Thanks!

Skeeter #737399 01/03/12 12:54 AM
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Skeeter
I liked this article, it gives easy ideas for romance..I suggest we keep it going. The idea in the article was great...but only one idea. Two examples of what I have done for my betterhalf in the recent past:

1. Throw a picnic in the house.
She had been depressed lately about the cruddy weather and her inability to go out and do stuff outdoors. I made a meal, packed everything up in a picnic basket, and was ready and waiting for her at the backdoor when she got home from work. She was very opposed to the idea of a picnic, because of how bad the weather was, but I finally convinced her to get into the car. I drove once around the block, parked back in the garage, and took her inside (btw at this point she truly thought I had lost it).

The living room was setup with your standard checker blanket, two lounge chairs stolen from the garage (even with a spare UV lamp from a turtle tank to add our own sun, had this hanging from the ceiling) I found a good "scenescapes" channel on TV (the one that play outdoor style music) and we had our dinner. Afterwords we curled up on the blanket together and taken some black construction paper, poked constelations into it, and used that same uv lamp from earlier to display a star scene on the celing. All in all it was a nice evening.

2. Dinner for two...
I got home early from a family trip ( I had been gone for about 2 weeks, and got home 3 hours before I was expecting too)
I seperated our kitchen and dining room completely with sheets so that you couldn't see in too what I was cooking. I made steaks, garlic mashed potatoes, pasta (can't remember what kind). I had her favorite bottle of wine chilling (and a bottle that I was willing to drink as well) and the table and that entire end of the house setup with candles. The table was set and I was about 15 minutes from being ready to serve when she pulled in the driveway. There was a rose waiting for her by the lightswitch in the garage, just to throw her off guard. When she opened the front door, I was waiting with a dozen roses, all dressed up in a suit. I let her know that she had 20 minutes to go get dressed for dinner, gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and dissapeared behind the sheets.

She cried a bit, but dinner went wonderfully, and it couldn't have been pulled off any better if I had tried.

Wow, Skeeter. I love the efforts you take and the romance you bring in your life. I wish all men were like that.

Skeeter

Last edited by jodiemt; 01/03/12 01:02 AM.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
Gecko
Gecko
We light a few candles and watch a movie or have dinner outside on the patio.

diamond engagement rings
*www.encoredt.com

Moderated by  Marianne13 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.